Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: checking on members

Post Thanks / Like

Re: checking on members

Paid thru PayPal 09/20/2019 ID#2FD56640WM038835D. Want to continue (Yes).

2. Likes cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by L&Mfarms View Post
    My deal is this, we already have a hard time gaining anyone new to the sport, old timers are dying off with kids that have no interest in the sport and the few that get into it without having family members to guide them will now lose there only lifeline to information unless they are strong armed into paying a membership fee?.. our numbers seem to finally be growing to some extent, now is not the time to become inclusive when it comes to general information and comradery.. we are not a group of people with many places to go. It's not about the GD money it's the principal.
    I hardly think its strong arming. This site was closing completely I purchased the site to keep it alive so it wasnt just lost completely. And your correct it's not about the money I didn't ask anyone to pay me back. If you were so concerned why didn't you step up and buy it? The site has fees that are due every month it's about 200 bucks a month. That's a car payment or even a house payment for some people. The sites going to be paid membership only for a couple reasons. When we have a comfortable amount of paying members it's going private. Meaning any new members will need an existing member to vouch for them or they wont be considered.. we are talking about 20 dollars a year tops.. you'll spend that daily on donuts and tobacco so let's keep it professional here. You dont have to stay I'm not twisting anyone's arm... if you had any idea the money and time that went towards keeping this site going you might have a different attitude. Cigar has put his time into it at no charge to anyone.. it's not one man making it happen it's a team effort. You lecturing about principals and how we need to make it easier for new people is not only ridiculous but its insulting to the people that keep it going... What exactly have you contributed to keeping this site alive? You felt you had the right to question the actions of those involved in keeping sabong from extinction so educate us on your roles in keeping it going. You didnt help me pay for it, you didnt help cigar or rhman run it, you didnt help with setting the international accounts up. It's easy to sit back and talk a big game but it wont buy the baby any shoes fella... maybe try being thankful and respectful instead of judgemenral

Post Thanks / Like

yes.............................

5. Likes cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hyroller View Post
    I hardly think its strong arming. This site was closing completely I purchased the site to keep it alive so it wasnt just lost completely. And your correct it's not about the money I didn't ask anyone to pay me back. If you were so concerned why didn't you step up and buy it? The site has fees that are due every month it's about 200 bucks a month. That's a car payment or even a house payment for some people. The sites going to be paid membership only for a couple reasons. When we have a comfortable amount of paying members it's going private. Meaning any new members will need an existing member to vouch for them or they wont be considered.. we are talking about 20 dollars a year tops.. you'll spend that daily on donuts and tobacco so let's keep it professional here. You dont have to stay I'm not twisting anyone's arm... if you had any idea the money and time that went towards keeping this site going you might have a different attitude. Cigar has put his time into it at no charge to anyone.. it's not one man making it happen it's a team effort. You lecturing about principals and how we need to make it easier for new people is not only ridiculous but its insulting to the people that keep it going... What exactly have you contributed to keeping this site alive? You felt you had the right to question the actions of those involved in keeping sabong from extinction so educate us on your roles in keeping it going. You didnt help me pay for it, you didnt help cigar or rhman run it, you didnt help with setting the international accounts up. It's easy to sit back and talk a big game but it wont buy the baby any shoes fella... maybe try being thankful and respectful instead of judgemenral
    this is the real reason i won't be staying. the man gave his opinion and the answer is what i find ridiculous and insulting don't get me wrong i had no problem paying my dues when the site was belly up last year but people now wear their feelings way too much on the sleeve it's either agree or be in a pizzing match with someone now. before you ask i paid for a month and paid my membership thanks for keeping the site open and i wish you well with it

7. Thanks L&Mfarms thanked for this post
    Likes L&Mfarms liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

His opinion is it should be free. It wasnt free to me. Its gonna be a yearly fee stay or dont it's that simple

9. Likes ChinaRose, cutcutcut, mnthawaii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

His opinion is it should be free. It wasnt free to me. Its gonna be a yearly fee stay or dont it's that simple
    Hyroller,

May I ask is the WHOLE site going to be members only, or just the forums (or sections of the forums)?

I think a "free" section with copies of the informative posts, or where newbies could ask basic questions, would be a great service to the community, and help keep new traffic coming to the site, i.e. generate new members.

For whatever my opinions worth, there it is.

MinuteMan

11. Likes Hoghunter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a felony in most of the states , worse of a felony for having kids along or traveling across state lines .... the sport is dwindling , might go out completely and new guys getting in that don't have family or friends to help them in the real world are out of luck .... folks coming on here all happy and asking questions ... getting into an illegal sport aint smart , some of us are stuck with it in our blood but for everyone and for young folks that don't have the bug ... get a dog , get a laying hen ... this aint no joke.

A publicly viewed forum , free to join , strangers can join , no moderation .... about cocking ? Not smart .... a private forum with only members and everyone talking roosters is vouched for will be nice and worth paying for . If the moderation gets too personal , then it will die off like it was already gonna but if it's just normal chicken talking , shooting the breeze and such then hopefully it will last.

Yall want new blood in the sport ... you do that on your own , by all means take the risk if you can do the time ... take someone under your wing ... facebook em' or text em' , lol ... but you don't bring new blood into an illegal sport and tell em' everyone's names and faces .... I'm sure once Hyroller gets things switched how he likes it he can figure out a beginners forum if it's needed , or not ...... most of the dog and terrier forums have a beginner forum , open board and a deeper private access for the nitty gritty . ...

Post Thanks / Like

Its kinda weird for someone to get in this sport and doesnt have any family or friends or a mentor that got them intrested in the chicken business. Kinda throws up a red flag when someone says that. If it wasnt in my blood or i didnt have a friend that had fowl or something like that i dont belive this game is what i woukd b getting into ..JMHO

14. Likes Tokio, chester liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yall want new blood in the sport ... you do that on your own , by all means take the risk if you can do the time ... take someone under your wing ... facebook em' or text em' , lol ... but you don't bring new blood into an illegal sport and tell em' everyone's names and faces .... I'm sure once Hyroller gets things switched how he likes it he can figure out a beginners forum if it's needed , or not ...... most of the dog and terrier forums have a beginner forum , open board and a deeper private access for the nitty gritty . ... QK

I agree with QK on this. If this was totally legal ala Mexico, PI is one thing but if some new people want to learn more they should have no prob kicking in the required dues. Where else you gonna go?? Subscriptions aint free and they are very limited. If they are not willing to spend a few bucks they were not really interested in the 1st place.

16. Likes Pinolim, Quapaw Kid, Tokio, cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not being able to help the beginners would take a lot of the fun out of the sport and pretty much ruin the site for me. Who are we going to communicate with each other? Bunch of old farts telling the same old stories the glory days gets old fast. Need new blood to tell our lies to.lol

18. Likes Skincarver, CA whitetoppy06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beginners pay for fowl why cant they pay for a membership.. I didnt have any family in it.. it took me about 3 years to find someone to sell me fowl.. that's the difference between then and now.. you can buy birds anywhere. I ended up meeting my mentor at my first show. He told my son a year ago had I not showed up on my own that day and showed I wanted to be in it he would have never gave me a chance. But since I was gonna do it without help he knew I'd stick

20. Likes cutcutcut, Hoghunter, CA whitetoppy06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My youngest son is 9 years old and if hes not at school he beats me to the chickens. Hes got his own birds and his own section of yard space. I allow him to breed his chickens how he chooses. And he does lol I'll come down the hill and I'll have an extra hen somedays lmao he throws them in how he pleases. Sometimes I know the breeding wont be best but I say nothing. Experience will teach him more than I can.. hes got 2 year olds this year and hes beating to death out there selecting his candidates.. but I let him fire on it..

Post Thanks / Like

What the hell kind of argument is that? I dont turn down giving a ride to a friend because I paid for my truck.. Who the hell told you to buy it? It sure as hell wasn't me.. yes the forum should be free and certain things should cost money. Your screen name pretty much says it though.. if you weren't worried about making a dollar it would be very achievable to keep the site running without membership fees. If some of you just want to feel special for being a paying member make a badge that those members receive for paying and get special permissions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
    this is the real reason i won't be staying. the man gave his opinion and the answer is what i find ridiculous and insulting don't get me wrong i had no problem paying my dues when the site was belly up last year but people now wear their feelings way too much on the sleeve it's either agree or be in a pizzing match with someone now. before you ask i paid for a month and paid my membership thanks for keeping the site open and i wish you well with it
    Oh well I'm not going to change my mind and apparently no one else is going to change their mind either. I'm just not much change especially when I dont feel that it's for the right reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    It's a felony in most of the states , worse of a felony for having kids along or traveling across state lines .... the sport is dwindling , might go out completely and new guys getting in that don't have family or friends to help them in the real world are out of luck .... folks coming on here all happy and asking questions ... getting into an illegal sport aint smart , some of us are stuck with it in our blood but for everyone and for young folks that don't have the bug ... get a dog , get a laying hen ... this aint no joke.

A publicly viewed forum , free to join , strangers can join , no moderation .... about cocking ? Not smart .... a private forum with only members and everyone talking roosters is vouched for will be nice and worth paying for . If the moderation gets too personal , then it will die off like it was already gonna but if it's just normal chicken talking , shooting the breeze and such then hopefully it will last.

Yall want new blood in the sport ... you do that on your own , by all means take the risk if you can do the time ... take someone under your wing ... facebook em' or text em' , lol ... but you don't bring new blood into an illegal sport and tell em' everyone's names and faces .... I'm sure once Hyroller gets things switched how he likes it he can figure out a beginners forum if it's needed , or not ...... most of the dog and terrier forums have a beginner forum , open board and a deeper private access for the nitty gritty . ...
    Your mindset is what caused the demise of our sport. That's all I'm going to say.

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the beginners this site attracts are the ones that don't know they're beginners.. Lot of them are already "experts" with all the answers but they are easy to pick out.

Like the guy that commented on a thread the other day about the percentages of what type of ppl are on this site. Hell all you have to do is read some of his old post and he was just putting together his first yard 4-5 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for helping the beginners and will continue the best I can. But I've not found anything in life free. And there is a lot to be said about a little privacy on this site. I'd like to see a way some with no help could find their way here. I don't have any answers but I have my $20 dues ready when it's time. Long live Sabong!

27. Thanks Hoghunter thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What the hell kind of argument is that? I dont turn down giving a ride to a friend because I paid for my truck.. Who the hell told you to buy it? It sure as hell wasn't me.. yes the forum should be free and certain things should cost money. Your screen name pretty much says it though.. if you weren't worried about making a dollar it would be very achievable to keep the site running without membership fees. If some of you just want to feel special for being a paying member make a badge that those members receive for paying and get special permissions.
    nothing in life is free one might think it is however dont kid urself its not nothing even when you die ur taxed nothing is free period and for the record roller name is from a suppler if you remember that person as far as him buying the site no he could have let the site go to dust and all could have not had a place to come for info as far a free right now if one looks we have 40 members logged and 500 guest normally those guest 250 are unwanted eyes trying to gather info on you so they can do whatever they want to you as they want or others there no one getting special treatment nor will there i have said this once if not a 100 times this site is moderated fair and will continue to be done the same period no matter if there is a new owner the new owner has ask rhman and myself to continue to do business as normal and it will be conducted the same period things will get better i feel when membership only comes due to there will be members no guest and our members know what is expected out of them and the community will grow and the info will come to as it has in the past i understand that many don't care for change however time has came for change and it will improve the site along with the info being provided along hope all understands.... one shouldnt be mad at a person whom #1 is not trying to make a dollar off this site. #2 just trying to better this site. #3 saving this site.

many have said thanks however many are putting a wall up which makes no sense to each their own... once the site goes to paying membership one can leave after so long if one wants to come back one is welcome who knows one might as well like the site better than before.....

Post Thanks / Like

I want to start off by saying thank you for the opportunity we are being given. YES!!! I will stay. It’s funny how people don’t want to pay!!! But wait until Mr Lablue post he’s gifting a pullet for Christmas $hit this website blows up lol.... members that have won any fowl here should be the first to say yes. I myself have won a stag from tone.... and let me tell you $20 to have a chance to win fowl from some members here is honestly DIRT CHEAP! For people that are arguing about membership good luck on finding another place like this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CIGAR View Post
    nothing in life is free one might think it is however dont kid urself its not nothing even when you die ur taxed nothing is free period and for the record roller name is from a suppler if you remember that person as far as him buying the site no he could have let the site go to dust and all could have not had a place to come for info as far a free right now if one looks we have 40 members logged and 500 guest normally those guest 250 are unwanted eyes trying to gather info on you so they can do whatever they want to you as they want or others there no one getting special treatment nor will there i have said this once if not a 100 times this site is moderated fair and will continue to be done the same period no matter if there is a new owner the new owner has ask rhman and myself to continue to do business as normal and it will be conducted the same period things will get better i feel when membership only comes due to there will be members no guest and our members know what is expected out of them and the community will grow and the info will come to as it has in the past i understand that many don't care for change however time has came for change and it will improve the site along with the info being provided along hope all understands.... one shouldnt be mad at a person whom #1 is not trying to make a dollar off this site. #2 just trying to better this site. #3 saving this site.

many have said thanks however many are putting a wall up which makes no sense to each their own... once the site goes to paying membership one can leave after so long if one wants to come back one is welcome who knows one might as well like the site better than before.....
    #1 I stated earlier in the thread a way to make money to cover the maintenance costs. #2 who has been prosecuted due to information they have shared on this site? Who cares let people look, ignorance is the biggest reason our sport is in the shape its in.. the people that actively pursue cockfighting hate any animal ownership alot of it are people on the fence that only know what the **** share to the news when they make a bust. Every day ordinary people that hunt and fish don't take much convincing that it isnt cruel.

Post Thanks / Like

#1 I stated earlier in the thread a way to make money to cover the maintenance costs. #2 who has been prosecuted due to information they have shared on this site? Who cares let people look, ignorance is the biggest reason our sport is in the shape its in.. the people that actively pursue cockfighting hate any animal ownership alot of it are people on the fence that only know what the **** share to the news when they make a bust. Every day ordinary people that hunt and fish don't take much convincing that it isnt cruel.
    there has been persons that has been so for your information you may feel your up on information however you joined this site 2019 yet your acting as if you have been here since the start of the site..... as i said there have been so before you say something better check you cards before you lay you bet down cause if you dont have a royal flush you might get beat by a high hand i know for a fact..... and i do care about our community security you may not i do weather you like or not.... do you get in the door free where you go? no so quit... and as far as the hunters and fishers we have tried to team up with them they did not want to be associated with us do to what we are pictured as maybe you should check that out too.... when last time you went to a convention or even a meeting are you up to date on what is going on? are you aware that dog racing was taken away in FL last year and we tried to help them and they wouldnt even accept our help see where they are now.... theres no amount of $$$ that can match paws, p e t a, h$u$ and all the other special interest groups $$$ yet we want to set and ponder and argue over pocket change for membership... and yes it does matter who looks thats why people were taken off this site by po po for somethings that they said so maybe one should research.... even when we go members only there will still be unwanted eyes dont fool yourself...... and for the record i'm not trying to argue with you just stating facts that i know

There are currently 454 users online. 27 members and 427 guests
    Most users ever online was 37,919, August 15th, 2019 at 09:00 PM.

Last edited by CIGAR; February 23rd, 2020 at 12:17 AM.

32. Likes tonetone559, cutcutcut, Tokio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes ... I will gladly pay a yearly fee I don't post much but I use the search to find priceless information I'm very thankful for those involved in saving this website

34. Likes ChinaRose, cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

36. Likes cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hardly ever post but enjoy the site, I'm in!!

38. Likes cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New owner/management has thr right to impose their minds. Plain and simple.

40. Likes cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beginners pay for fowl why cant they pay for a membership.. I didnt have any family in it.. it took me about 3 years to find someone to sell me fowl.. that's the difference between then and now.. you can buy birds anywhere. I ended up meeting my mentor at my first show. He told my son a year ago had I not showed up on my own that day and showed I wanted to be in it he would have never gave me a chance. But since I was gonna do it without help he knew I'd stick
    Hyroller, you want to make this a pay site and still draw in new members? Here is a way that will guarantee at least a few old and new members alike. When you close the site off to members only , leave advertisements on the main page of the drawings or auctions that will be held. Nothing draws in business like big nice pictures of fowl especially if someone thinks they might get them for free. Just leave the ability to bid or enter for pay members. It PROVEN to work LOL . All you have to do to confirm would be to search Christmas Stag and Christmas Pullet that Don128 and Lablue were generous enough to offer and see just how many came out of the wood work for that . Many of which no one even knew were members of the site. Maybe some even joined up separate accounts to increase their odds. Maybe even say new members automatically registered to win such and such.I think it would be a good business angle. Nothing to lose , a win win situation all around really.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes i will stay. Just need to know the yearly charge.

43. Likes cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in. Best way I know to read up on rooster health, breeds etc. I also have a couple friends on here, for sure all those who prayed for me going thru cancer treatment (thanks again guys). Even though I only raise a few to watch them grow, I just like the fowl always have and always will. Best people I have ever been around are chicken people.

45. Thanks LaBlue thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skincarver View Post
    Hyroller, you want to make this a pay site and still draw in new members? Here is a way that will guarantee at least a few old and new members alike. When you close the site off to members only , leave advertisements on the main page of the drawings or auctions that will be held. Nothing draws in business like big nice pictures of fowl especially if someone thinks they might get them for free. Just leave the ability to bid or enter for pay members. It PROVEN to work LOL . All you have to do to confirm would be to search Christmas Stag and Christmas Pullet that Don128 and Lablue were generous enough to offer and see just how many came out of the wood work for that . Many of which no one even knew were members of the site. Maybe some even joined up separate accounts to increase their odds. Maybe even say new members automatically registered to win such and such.I think it would be a good business angle. Nothing to lose , a win win situation all around really.
    Cigar and I spoke about making it possible to see headlines but having to join to read the conversations. Cigar came up with the idea and I feel it's a good one...
    You guys have to understand that all we are trying to do is keep the site as safe and secure as possible for its members. This site is an archive of mentors and famous cockers full of golden information. The men who have dedicated time and knowledge to share deserve to be remembered. Some of the men have passed and sabong is a way to keep their names and knowledge alive for years to come.
    As mentioned before there are generous members who donate birds for giveaways, there are many accounts of members donating to help a cause etc.
    There are many reasons to keep this site going. I'm not doing it to make money I'm doing it for the sake of our sport. I've already got sabong shirts coming with the logo and we will be having contests at no charge to members and we will give shirts out as prizes.
    The more the site makes the more funds that will be available to do such things

47. Thanks FILAMEX thanked for this post
    Likes cf3, LaBlue, Munderf, cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cigar and I spoke about making it possible to see headlines but having to join to read the conversations. Cigar came up with the idea and I feel it's a good one...
    You guys have to understand that all we are trying to do is keep the site as safe and secure as possible for its members. This site is an archive of mentors and famous cockers full of golden information. The men who have dedicated time and knowledge to share deserve to be remembered. Some of the men have passed and sabong is a way to keep their names and knowledge alive for years to come.
    As mentioned before there are generous members who donate birds for giveaways, there are many accounts of members donating to help a cause etc.
    There are many reasons to keep this site going. I'm not doing it to make money I'm doing it for the sake of our sport. I've already got sabong shirts coming with the logo and we will be having contests at no charge to members and we will give shirts out as prizes.
    The more the site makes the more funds that will be available to do such things
    I do understand . You asked for suggestions so just thought I would pitch you one that almost guaranteed to work . I ran a successful business lock stock and barrel for almost 20yrs , don't claim to know everything but sure learned a hell of a lot along the way. Had much success and many failures to learn from . Also know all to well how quickly a grand ship can sink . Thought Id offer something that might help you out with what youre trying to do here so you got off to a good start. If everything is already figured out and ready to go then that's good news. No matter to me really how the money is used , I figure with you stepping up to keep the site going would been worth a few extra dollars in your pocket nothing wrong with that, the site staying open is the only thing that matters to many of us . When exactly is all these changes gonna take place. Any idea on that yet?