Thread: Gqf 1502

Post Thanks / Like

Gqf 1502

Hi guys I had a question did anyone ever run there 1502 on an generator if you have how did you get it to stabilize thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gqf 1502

It all depends on how good a generator you have. With a cheaper gen. The voltage varies a little to much and you will have a hard time controlling the temp.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi that's the problem I'm having it doesn't stabilize it passes the correct temperature I have a champion 3400watt

Post Thanks / Like

How are you planning on keeping the generator full of gas for 21 days? Your better off running a 30 amp out to barn

5. Likes KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got that champion dual fuel propane at this time I really have no other option but to go this route

7. Likes KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably too big a swing on the sine wave of the digital incubator. digital and computer type stuff needs the really clear sine wave current to operate correctly. Even a guitar amp will hum if ran on that type generator. I’ve run an air compressor or saw or drill and have no ill effects from my champion 3500 generator. The high dollar Honda ones advertise that they’re safe to use with electronics. In the past in a snow storm I even tried a worksite type generator to run a tv when power was out, didn’t work well. Lines on the screen & a buzz or hum as well. Took me a while to understand all generators don’t produce the same current as a wall socket does. It’s clean sine wave required for “sensitive” electronics.

9. Likes KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow right on buddy I never would have tought of that be the reason thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beaudeane View Post
    Probably too big a swing on the sine wave of the digital incubator. digital and computer type stuff needs the really clear sine wave current to operate correctly. Even a guitar amp will hum if ran on that type generator. I’ve run an air compressor or saw or drill and have no ill effects from my champion 3500 generator. The high dollar Honda ones advertise that they’re safe to use with electronics. In the past in a snow storm I even tried a worksite type generator to run a tv when power was out, didn’t work well. Lines on the screen & a buzz or hum as well. Took me a while to understand all generators don’t produce the same current as a wall socket does. It’s clean sine wave required for “sensitive” electronics.
    I don’t even remember the name off my generator but it is a 3500. When we loose power. The TV’s run fine

Post Thanks / Like

They make a styrofoam incubator that has an adaptor to clip to a 12 volt battery

Post Thanks / Like

When I upgraded my Sportsman to the newest electronic thermostat I used a trailer connector. I can unplug the thermostat and plug in the old wafer backup. It works good with my smaller generator or periods of brown-outs[low line voltage]. I didn't make a diagram but it wasn't hard to figure out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfarm View Post
    Hi guys I had a question did anyone ever run there 1502 on an generator if you have how did you get it to stabilize thanks
    try to use a UPS to regulate the power