Thread: Chicken Thefts

Post Thanks / Like

Chicken Thefts

On 3-17-20 ; Thefts broke into Hatch Villiage Farms and stole 12 brood cocks, those that have Facebook can go to Rats page, he has a picture of the cocks. Be on the lookout for these stealing POS. There is a reward.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chicken Thefts

Good luck with finding the sob. What makes people do that crap. You can't have any pride in stealing someone's else's work. No way can they be worth the air that they are breathing.

3. Likes cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't stand a thief or a lying POS.
    Most times it's an inside job or someone real close that knows your farm layout, fowl, broodpens, you and your schedule.
    Trail cams, good lighting, good guard/chicken dogs (useless if the dogs are familiar with the thief), a good video camera recording system 24/7/365 around the farm, and a good fence, gate and locking system. Probably cheaper than the 12 broodcocks.
    I hope that he recovers his fowl and exposes the thief.

5. Likes gaff, KevinG, Al Sanchez, Hoghunter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am guessing there is a group around that area doing it. I remember not long ago Guess Farms was having the same trouble. I saw on facebook he put a surveillance system on his whole farm to stop it.

7. Likes cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Been more Hatch families made from dead pile cocks and stolen hens than any other way you can breed em' ... good thing heros like Sweater and others were above any of that , lol .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    Been more Hatch families made from dead pile cocks and stolen hens than any other way you can breed em' ... good thing heros like Sweater and others were above any of that , lol .
    When you break the rules and WIN, you're a hero. When you break em and lose, your just a cheater or a criminal.

Swear I've read dozens of stories on here of "heros" forming foundation lines off stolen birds. If money is involved, so are liers; cheaters; and thiefs.

People love to talk about thier old moonshine running grand pappy, but in the same breath cast old "Julio" to the depths of hell for doing the exact same **** with cocaine.

We have a way of glorifying illegal activities of the PAST, while demonifying those of the same flavor today.

All that said. **** a thief... dogs, camera and buck shot for the win.

10. Likes Al Sanchez, Quapaw Kid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    There's a pretty big diff in my book between a dead pile cock, cast into public garbage and trespassing on a mans domain and taking his property. Both speak to a mans character, to be sure.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

12. Likes brkilr, Bama71, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Id b willing to bet money it was a inside job . Someone that has been to his farm alot and knew exaclty what cocks to take and somepne the dogs were use to. This is why nobody and i mean nobody comes through my gate unless u are a very good friend ive been knowing a very long time . I dont want my dogs getting use to anyone and dont want people seeing what i have ans where they are
    Last edited by Steel city farm; March 21st, 2020 at 01:08 AM.

14. Thanks Sig1911 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When these farms sell out so fast , by now boodfowl is about all that's left so it's not hard to find em .. I think Rat has a drone video of his farm on hs page ... Access we are used to goes both ways . The volume of traffic through these farms is unreal .

16. Likes cutcutcut, KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When Dink sell his broodfowl to my friend. It was so hard for Dink to let it go and for my friend to take it was so expensive that my friend pay it twice or visit it twice before he could take it. Just 1 broodfowl.
    And 12? My investigative mind is circling around and during these times. No witnesses?

Look for it in Mexico. Maybe it changes its citizenship. Coz in PI. No plane and quarantine? Soon the hatch village will follow thru!

18. Likes Dayuhan13 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinuteMan View Post
    When you break the rules and WIN, you're a hero. When you break em and lose, your just a cheater or a criminal.

Swear I've read dozens of stories on here of "heros" forming foundation lines off stolen birds. If money is involved, so are liers; cheaters; and thiefs.

People love to talk about thier old moonshine running grand pappy, but in the same breath cast old "Julio" to the depths of hell for doing the exact same **** with cocaine.

We have a way of glorifying illegal activities of the PAST, while demonifying those of the same flavor today.

All that said. **** a thief... dogs, camera and buck shot for the win.
    Theres a line , I don't mind some grey but a cocker felon and rapist felon ain't the same .. But the clubs that pray before a derby make me feel awkward ..

Used to be fowl were stolen because you couldn't buy em .. Rat will sell you their sons and it's been years since anyone has shown so stealing from such a high risk farm is awful weird .... Someone wanted good Rat Leiper but couldn't afford them .. Still makes no sense because there's cheaper fowl around .. Almost sounds like a grudge and the fowl were stolen and just killed ... That's my bet .

20. Likes MinuteMan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steel city farm View Post
    Id b willing to bet money it was a inside job . Someone that has been to his farm alot and knew exaclty what cocks to take and somepne the dogs were use to. This is why nobody and i mean nobody comes through my gate unless u are a very good friend ive been knowing a very long time . I dont want my dogs getting use to anyone and dont want people seeing what i have ans where they are
    That's why I don't like having visitors. It's not that I don't like people, I just don't want them knowing what is where on my place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grey/dom View Post
    When Dink sell his broodfowl to my friend. It was so hard for Dink to let it go and for my friend to take it was so expensive that my friend pay it twice or visit it twice before he could take it. Just 1 broodfowl.
    And 12? My investigative mind is circling around and during these times. No witnesses?

Look for it in Mexico. Maybe it changes its citizenship. Coz in PI. No plane and quarantine? Soon the hatch village will follow thru!
    hahahaha.............................

Post Thanks / Like

How could u honestly find these fowl? It's not like the thieves will take them to a derby or put pics on Facebook. They won't let anyone on their farm and no one will know where they are. I hate it for David but he makes a living selling those fowl so he should have known p.o.s. would try and steal them. Security cameras should have been up 10 years ago.

24. Likes cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarshButcher View Post
    That's why I don't like having visitors. It's not that I don't like people, I just don't want them knowing what is where on my place.
    Yup! Same here, no visitors at this time, and it seems to be working. Chicken thieves proliferate in our place. We don't mess with them, and we kind of make them feel that we are not going to watch them take our chickens from us. In the event that they were successful in getting the chickens form our yards, they have to make sure we do not know them, otherwise it is gonna be chickens for lives.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SidTex View Post
    There's a pretty big diff in my book between a dead pile cock, cast into public garbage and trespassing on a mans domain and taking his property. Both speak to a mans character, to be sure.

AS a teenager I would read the grit and steel and gamecock and think that one day I would pick up a rooster out of the dead pile and breed some like I read about that were beating everyone. In hindsight, the dead pile rooster was good blooded but the man that picked it up bred him to good hens and raised them correctly, fed them out and had success (or not with them). I never picked one up out of a dead pile as a teen, and sure did not as an adult. I have done a little dumpster diving at construction sites to get pen material and at tractor supply for plants they threw away (about 8 full flats). Does that make me a "bad character"? Did not steal, lie or cheat to get any wood or anything else. Matter of fact I asked the guy running the job if I could before I did it. He walked me around the site and told me what I could get and what to leave alone. I bred some cast off hens my brother did not want anymore to a rooster I won at a Christmas give away (thank you Mr. Don) and a rooster a buddy gave me as a stag. My character sinking lower still? I have since bought a few hens and am breeding them to the two roosters already mentioned and I will raise them best I can. I am not stealing from anyone and picking up out of a garbage receptacle does not make me a bad person, I prefer frugal but some people call me cheap. I build nice enough pens with the material and spend the real money on my family. I choose how and when to do what I do and I live with no shame or guilt whatsoever.

27. Likes trans13, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I allow visitors but I have a fence and a dog and a loaded gun. Behind every door. It would be bad for someone to get caught at night in my yard. BAD! I hate a thief!

Post Thanks / Like

I had my best hound and hunting buddy stolen .. My bottom lip swole up and quivered ,musta been allergies.

I switched to asil .. Anyone steals them and their bottom lip will be quivering
    Last edited by Quapaw Kid; March 22nd, 2020 at 09:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I just raise dunghills that aren't worth stealing. So far it's working.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoghunter View Post
    I just raise dunghills that aren't worth stealing. So far it's working.
    The man that dad got his HH Moore clarets from had a great walk. Well people started steeling all the stags before he gathered them. He put a big ole pretty rank dunghill on that walk and the next year same thing all the stags were stole. Well he killed everything on the walk and restocked it. Never lost another bird. He give dad a multi time winner later of that walk and we fought him 4-5 times ourselves.

32. Likes cutcutcut, Hoghunter, KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samiyam007 View Post
    AS a teenager I would read the grit and steel and gamecock and think that one day I would pick up a rooster out of the dead pile and breed some like I read about that were beating everyone. In hindsight, the dead pile rooster was good blooded but the man that picked it up bred him to good hens and raised them correctly, fed them out and had success (or not with them). I never picked one up out of a dead pile as a teen, and sure did not as an adult. I have done a little dumpster diving at construction sites to get pen material and at tractor supply for plants they threw away (about 8 full flats). Does that make me a "bad character"? Did not steal, lie or cheat to get any wood or anything else. Matter of fact I asked the guy running the job if I could before I did it. He walked me around the site and told me what I could get and what to leave alone. I bred some cast off hens my brother did not want anymore to a rooster I won at a Christmas give away (thank you Mr. Don) and a rooster a buddy gave me as a stag. My character sinking lower still? I have since bought a few hens and am breeding them to the two roosters already mentioned and I will raise them best I can. I am not stealing from anyone and picking up out of a garbage receptacle does not make me a bad person, I prefer frugal but some people call me cheap. I build nice enough pens with the material and spend the real money on my family. I choose how and when to do what I do and I live with no shame or guilt whatsoever.
    Just to clarify, samiyam, I wasn't saying snagging a deadpile cock was an indication of bad character, just that it speaks to the persons character. IMO its a desperate move and when I was a teenager, desperate for my own roosters and broke, i thought about it once or twice tho i luckily had people around me smart enough to explain what you already pointed out: It takes more than a good rooster to get a clutch of eggs off a good hen, much less a show of battle crosses pointed out and ready to show. To do it consistently probably takes more know-how than someone fishing the deadpile cocks has to begin with. It definitely takes more commitment than a thief has. Im with those that say this was more likely competitor or revenge, someone looking to put the owner out of the market next season or set them back ... But its anybodys guess. Hope they get them back.

Post Thanks / Like

If you cant beat him join him. Rats fowl do very good in Mexico. Its not hearsay its a fact.