Page 1 of 220 1234561151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Lapu-lapu,Mandaue,Cebu Backyard and Small time Breeders,Cockers

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Lapu-lapu,Mandaue,Cebu Backyard and Small time Breeders,Cockers

Good day mga bai,buhat lang ko thread para sa mga backyard and small time breeder,cockers og mga sabong enthusiasts dinhi sa Lapu-lapu,Mandaue or sa Cebu City.

Pwede mo maka post bahin sa gamefowl raising,breeding conditioning,og bisan unsa nga connected sa sabong.Daghang salamat.

"Victory loves preparation"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lapu-lapu,Mandaue,Cebu Backyard and Small time Breeders,Cockers

share lang nako Asil graded blackwater stag,8 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Especially for Beginners ©
    by
    Col. John H. Hempel
    The writing of a monthly column for beginners entering our ranks is a task that I get a lot of pleasure from. I have always considered our sport the most enjoyable one and and a fascinating hobby that can be followed from youth through old age. Many pleasant hours can be spent deciding on just what hen to mate together, to produce the grand fighting stags that we seek.
    Once we have them mated, we must be sure to mark the eggs carefully, using cotton gloves to handle them with, and a lead pencil to put the mating information and date on them. Then we set the eggs and be sure to put the hen in a cool quiet place to await the hatching of those little aces to be.
    It is helpful to sprinkle a little water over the eggs from time to time, when the hen is off the nest, eating and drinking; and it is very important that they be moist the last couple of days so that the chicks can get out easily. If the eggs are too dry, the chicks will be trapped by the tough inner skin of the eggs. A dry skin will surely trap the little fellows whether the eggs are under a hen or in an incubator.
    I have found that the first four weeks are the most important in the life of a chick. He must be in a sanitary place, he must be warm, and he must get good feed or he will die or be stunted in growth and will never gain his true full strength.
    I have found that a small pen, three feet long and two or three feet wide, with a 1/2 inch mesh hardware cloth bottom, to keep them off the ground, will assure you of avoiding the usual diseases that chicks pick up from contaminated ground. I like the coop to be on legs made from two inch by four inch boards, so that the top of the coop is about thirty inches from the ground. I make the sides out of a one by twelve plank and a one by eight plank, giving the pen a twenty (20) inch depth. I make a wire top and half cover it with a sheet of galvanized iron to give shelter from rain, and my hen and chick pen is ready for the old lady and her little ones. I put a two (2) foot square piece of tar paper on the floor of the coop, for the hen and chicks to roost on for the first few days, and then take it out. The droppings all fall through the hardware cloth and the chicks will be completely healthy there. In fact I hardly ever lose a chick from this type pen.

Post Thanks / Like

cont...

I put a stiff wire divider about eight inches from one end so that the feed and water is separated from the mother hen. Holes for the chicks to get through are provided so they can get to the feeder, but the hen can only get her head through to eat and drink. If you don't do this the old hen will scratch and turn the feeder over and spill all the food on to the ground, and also that water.
    A pen like this will also take care of the incubator chicks if you will extend a heavy cloth across the pen from the top twelve (12) inches from one end to within an inch of the floor. Cover this part of the floor with a piece of tar paper and put in 1/2 inch of sawdust litter. Then, place a good sized light bulb, 100 to 150 watts, in from the top down to about three (3) inches off the floor and turn on the light. It will take care of up to thirty baby chicks.
    I like to use a hen with my chicks as she will later teach them to scratch and hunt for grasshoppers and bugs when they are put out on the ground at about one (1) month of age. At this age they have feathered out and are much less likely to fall victim to coccidosis or colds, etc. that to the very young, usually prove fatal.
    I like to put my chick pens out in the open, but under the shade of trees. Shade is very essential to chicks, in fact to all chickens no matter what their age. You cannot have strong healthy game fowl unless they have shade to protect them from the sun's heat.
    I like to start the little fellows off to eating with crumbled oat meal. They like it and it is good high protein food. After the first couple of days, I use a good commercial chick starter, and after a month I put them on a good grower and grain. Be sure to keep plenty of clean water and grit before them at all times.
    Be sure to de-louse the hen when you put her to setting. Lice and mites surely kill or slow the growth of the chicks.
    You can make these chick pens with little effort and cost, or you can make them out of expensive woods, paint them up neatly and they will be quite attractive. You can also make them bigger, but not much smaller, and be sure to put the hardware cloth in the bottom. It keeps those delicate babies up off the ground for those all important first weeks. I can guarantee that if you do this, feed them well, keep the lice off of them and give them plenty of pure clean water, that you will raise most all of the chicks you hatch.
    It is satisfying to watch these healthy little rascals go from a ball of fuzz to baby feathers, to stag feathers, and then to the grown-up feathers of the brilliantly beautiful game cock. You will get many hours of pleasure as you watch these changes come about. You can pick out those future aces and dream of their quick pit wins. Yes, there is constant pleasure in our great hobby and it is not confined to the ultimate battle in the pit.
    A man or woman that loves their chickens can soon tell them apart. By the time the young stags start crowing at about eight (8) to eleven (11) weeks of age, they will become recognizable as individuals, with a definite personality of their own. Of course the same is true of the pullets. You should start in to study each individual chick at an early age, as the individual characteristics will be a definite reason for selection of one certain individual for the brood pen at a later date.

5. Likes Sandsny liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

cont...

Did he, or she, feather out quickly; was he always a good eater, active, alert, of good carriage and always in good flesh? Did he grow off quickly and steadily, or did he have spells of good eating and then spells of slow growth? Did he, or she, scratch and forage all over the place or did he stand and wait for the feed bucket? These and many more things will give you a good insight into which ones should eventually be prime candidates for the brood pen. Are they late or early moulters, tight feathered or loose, mean or gentle, wild or tame? You may spend many pleasant hours observing your flock to find out these answers and these hours will pay off not only in the pleasure derived from observing your fowl grow, but with the real knowledge gained, you can more intelligently make your future matings.
    Remember it is not often the great pit cock that makes the great brood cock. This one statement is worth an article of its own and I will cover that later.
    The breeding and raising of game fowl is a daily chore. They must get good feed and clean water each and every day. They must be wormed and deloused periodically. They must be properly housed, to protect them from the heat of the summer and the extreme cold of the winter. This takes work. If you do not love them truly, it becomes drudgery.
    So if you do not enjoy these daily chores and contacts with our little warriors, then I suggest you either get out of the sport, hire someone to do the work, or buy cocks or stags for fighting and try not to breed fowl. It is quite a task, but mostly a pleasant one for the ones who really care for the courageous birds themselves.
    This column is written with the sincere desire to help the beginner in our great sport. Help me by letting me, or Grit and Steel, know what you are interested in learning about. The game has many facets and we who have been in it a long time may well overlook some of the things you newcomers want to hear about.

Post Thanks / Like

taga asa ka sir? lapu2 area ko

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Steel Wings, taga Cabangkalan, Mandaue ko. Asa man dapit inyo?

Post Thanks / Like

Good eve sa inyoha bai Archieb og LagingSwetre,maayo na ukay nyo ning thread..hehehe.

Taga Basak,Lapu-lapu ko,pero among mga relatives taga Cebu City.backyard breeding/raising lang ko diri kay wala pa kita og dakong lugar,naa pud mi manok sa cebu city og buhisan,backyard gihapon.

regards,
    SW
    Last edited by Steel Wings; January 28th, 2013 at 08:52 PM. Reason: mispell

Post Thanks / Like

apil sad ko diri mga bai, naa ko cebu city area...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by red_markgg View Post
    apil sad ko diri mga bai, naa ko cebu city area...
    Welcome bai,ga breeding ka karun?

Post Thanks / Like

yes bai, ga-breeding mi pero wala man dri sa city...2a sa leyte amu gamay nga manukan...

Post Thanks / Like

yes bai, ga-breeding mi pero wala man dri sa city...2a sa leyte amu gamay nga manukan...
    Ok,unsa pud inyo mga blodline didto?..last year pako nag start og breeding,kay more on preparation/conditioning/pointing ako hilig,karun naa koy mga crosses sa blackwater,dink,roundheads(boston).pero limited ang production tungod sa kagamay sa lugar.

Post Thanks / Like

bai steel buhat sd ka imng thread ha..hehe..maau ni ky duol ra gmay sa atong lugar..pero duaw.duaw sd tah sa payag nga usa bai..agi lng ko..

mga bai welcome sa kubo ni steelwing..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kitolz View Post
    bai steel buhat sd ka imng thread ha..hehe..maau ni ky duol ra gmay sa atong lugar..pero duaw.duaw sd tah sa payag nga usa bai..agi lng ko..

mga bai welcome sa kubo ni steelwing..
    Welcome bai,buhat lang ko gamay nga tambayanan,murag restobar lang ni...sa mga duol sa area nato ,para naa pud ta mailaila,kato kay bai mund og gg..mao jud to ang mansion og naay resort.....ga segi paka breeding,kakita naka og kabalhinan?

Post Thanks / Like

bai steel knang lugar nmu bah wlay bkanteng lote dha nga pwede butangan manok??

Post Thanks / Like

bai steel wla jd lagi...ako breeding ky naa mas mindanao..kaning naa nko dri..4 lng ni kabook..pnalit sa clingan ang usa..dn ang tulo ky sa bntayan island gkan..

Post Thanks / Like

bai steel knang lugar nmu bah wlay bkanteng lote dha nga pwede butangan manok??
    bai steel wla jd lagi...ako breeding ky naa mas mindanao..kaning naa nko dri..4 lng ni kabook..pnalit sa clingan ang usa..dn ang tulo ky sa bntayan island gkan..
    gahuot napud ko diri bai,ni stop usa gani ko og breeding.kay sayang manok kung maghuot,unya dali masakit kung crowded labina sa mga piso.

wala pa pud ko kabuhat og extra breeding pen.

Post Thanks / Like

bai steel
    dli d.i ka mg imunize??asa mn nah dapit sa lapulapu inyo bai??..ky tan.aw nko sa picture murag baligya ng mga balay dha or unsa??

Post Thanks / Like

bai steel
    dli d.i ka mg imunize??asa mn nah dapit sa lapulapu inyo bai??..ky tan.aw nko sa picture murag baligya ng mga balay dha or unsa??
    Bago lang ko human immunize bai,kato lang Jan.15,ako na gilahos sa NCD La Sota,palit nalang ko sa Farmers Trade,bahalag gamay pani akong manok,atleast naa nay bakuna.para dili na magmahay kung naay "pisti/atay" musulod..

Mga housing ni bai sa DECA homes,diri nakakuha akong ate og unit,unya corner lot akong gikuha kay naay extra loan sa kilid og sa atubangan,para naa pud kabutangan manok.

Post Thanks / Like

Naa lang ko e share about conditioning/feeding:

Mao ni akong gamit sa mga hacks/derby's,so far maayo siya sa among mga manok.

Precon feeding to 18 day keep feed:

-Slasher with crack corn
    -Thunderbird Platinum pellets
    -wheat germ
    -quaker oats
    -skim millk or Ensure
    -apple
    -carrot
    -banana
    -Vionate powder
    -egg white

mix above ingredients then top with honeybee.

after feeding,give 3-5 drops of Laktamino Emulsion Drops.

Carboloading (2-3 days)

-crack corn (gradually added till fight day)
    -cooked rice
    -quaker oats
    -egg white
    -pellets (half of the usual)

fight day:

-crack corn
    -apple
    -pellets
    -egg white
    -banana

*apple,banana and egg white to add moisture .(dry droppings)

*pellets to lessen moisture(wet droppings)

Kung naa mo maidungag og ma e suggest,feel free to add on.

"Victory loves preparation"

Post Thanks / Like

pa enrol ko mga bossing lapu2x pajac abuno amoa ilang lucris ug dominic na area hehehe

sa among mga silingan 6L-2W sa mga hackfyt dec-jan hehehe gimalas2x

may rjud wa ko nitari sa akoa kay basin maapil sa ratsada ^_^

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spyke4rose View Post
    pa enrol ko mga bossing lapu2x pajac abuno amoa ilang lucris ug dominic na area hehehe

sa among mga silingan 6L-2W sa mga hackfyt dec-jan hehehe gimalas2x

may rjud wa ko nitari sa akoa kay basin maapil sa ratsada ^_^
    Welcome bai,ana jud bai bawi lang sunod.diha mo manari sa mahayahay?Buwenas ko diha sa mahayahay diha mercado opon,kadaug ko diha straight 5,din pildi usa sa usa ka adlaw.Nindot among score last year hantud karun sa hacks,laban sa padaug,problema lang kadaghanan nanga unong.uban balda,pongkol.Mao breeding napud balik para naay magamit..hehehe.

Post Thanks / Like

mahayahay jud pirmi mabuhian balos lang pod cguru to kay mga niaging tuig cge man pod panaog sa among silingan dha mahayahay.

mao jud lisod anang manok na maunong pero at least nidaog. maayu lang ug mkadevelop ug manok na very smart na can win clean hehehehe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spyke4rose View Post
    mahayahay jud pirmi mabuhian balos lang pod cguru to kay mga niaging tuig cge man pod panaog sa among silingan dha mahayahay.

mao jud lisod anang manok na maunong pero at least nidaog. maayu lang ug mkadevelop ug manok na very smart na can win clean hehehehe
    mao jud bai,mao segi pako experimento sa among existing lines,nindot jud manok nga magamit pa sunod.kanang ga vertical,feet-out,unya naay waive og side-step.So far sa mga Sweater crosses gihapon ko ga base,unya cross nalang sa mga roundhead,kelso..naa pud ko gi asil grade,kay mas maayo ila timing kung naay 1/4 asil,then maayo ila lawas samot ka solid,og taas resistensiya sa sakit,kusog pud mukaon,kay nature jud sa asil kusog mo hab2x..walay usik sa feeds.

Post Thanks / Like

mostly kana nga bl ang mo produce ug in ana nga mga styles. offspring sa imong asil pila nay composition sa blood nka 1/4 nka? lawom2x njud ng breedinga hehehe

Post Thanks / Like

Mao ni akong F1,1/2 Asil x 1/2 Blackwater Sweater,3x winner,1 sa hack,2 sa derby.Disgrasya lang sa infection.Sayang kaayo.

iyang inahan.

ang F2,gi balik nako ang 3x sa iya inahan mao nani resulta,1/4 Asil x 3/4 blackwater,Obserbahan nako maayo na mo timing,pero angat gihapon iya away,naa pud lihay kung kinahanglan.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

solid kaayu ug body formation murag kung maka igo mamook jud ang buwang hehehe tnx sa pics boss ubay ubay njud ang mga graded asil enthusiast. a 3x winner d nana basta2x.

Post Thanks / Like

mura na man ug dili asil bai steel wings...hehe

Post Thanks / Like

bai steel nindota sa mga asil nmu oi...puhon kuha unya ko nmu...haha
    bai naa pa kha lugar dha bai??mga pila pd kha ng naa dha??nindot ang feed nmu bai...kng gsto ka honey naa ko gkan canada..pm nlng kng gsto ka..

Post Thanks / Like

mura na man ug dili asil bai steel wings...hehe
    mao jud bai,1/4 naman lang gud ang iya pag ka asil,kung ako pani ibalik sa iya lola,mag 1/8 asil nalang og 7/8 na siya sa sweater,hapit na ma puro,pwede na himoong seed fowl or materyales,en kaso ma disgrasya mga original.

bai steel nindota sa mga asil nmu oi...puhon kuha unya ko nmu...haha
    bai naa pa kha lugar dha bai??mga pila pd kha ng naa dha??nindot ang feed nmu bai...kng gsto ka honey naa ko gkan canada..pm nlng kng gsto ka..
    mga baye daghan nako diri bai,naa pud mga tag 2 months mga 11 kabook,og 2 ka laki.limited na akong lugar diri og wala pako mga flypen,kay gasugod pako set-up.Kung maka kita kag lugar diha,naa koy ipahulam nimo nga baye.

Pm lang niya nako tag-pila na imo honeybee,nindot jud na sa precon og conditioning.