Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hen's choosing?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: hen's choosing?

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    How did those stags turn out ? I'd say anything will work sometimes , cant say I've seen that yardbreds work enough to say they work more often than not . I like stories that start with ' one time" as much as anyone .. But I try to stick with doing what works " many , many times .. So many times , hundreds of many times ..... Unbelievable amount of many , many times .. It's fantastic how many"
    Usually win a derby or two with yard hatches a year.. Last time was soloing a nice 5c. You just have to get out and about to know what's going on. There's this world and then there a real one. Both are enjoyable

2. Likes cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had many hens that wouldn't set for a cock and of course selected a different cock with great results. The key is the hens. QK talk in on page one...........he best go golfin instead of raising gamefowl. I don't give a darn bout feelers.....chickens FIGHT without MAN ALL BREEDS. it's just the way it is. God didn't say th out shall not fight chickens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaBlue View Post
    I'll agree Leaporddog my friend Quapaw knows much about cocks and dogs but little about God and man
    I would respectfully have to disagree, it appears QK read from the same Bible or went to the same type church I did. I prefer to set these religious talks out though , it usually turns to bad blood and hard feelings. Like QK said they got a church out there for everbody these days. I don't get into knocking anyones beliefs unless they've knocked mine. I figure if a person believes in any of that stuff they can prey on it till they get an answer or make up their own minds. According to what I was raised to believe if a man walks the path of Christ he gives up wordly things . That's the goal right to be Christ like in every way and humble . One thing I remember about the Bible and its something we all fault in sometime or another is thinking we know the mind of God . Since I don't claim to be saved I don't even consider if showing fowl would be something God would approve of , if its wrong its just one more thing Ive done that was added to the list . One thing is for sure if their is a world beyond we will all get a chance to ask him when we get face to face. I know if their is a hell it be packed with a lot of good ole boys and girls that never really hurt nobody but just didn't repent or have the blood applied. Out of eons and eons worth of souls to pick from only a handful will enter in , if I believed with all my heart Id pray on it .

5. Likes Hightimes01, rogeroleo, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samiyam007 View Post
    Hey guys I was not trying to start anything. So everybody take it easy. The hen is not that special as she is a 2 way cross, but I wanted to try a few off of her. I pick both sides (hen and rooster). The rooster she had last is no longer available. I am not so sure about the hen (any hen) is a good judge of which rooster makes the best father for her chicks. It may be in a cord area the one that lets her eat freely as opposed to the one who greedily gobbles his own food. She is in a pen and I only put a rooster with her every other day or sometimes every 3 days. She will not move her tail so the rooster topped her 3 times in about as many hours that I seen. She was free ranging and doesn't like pen life, such is life though. Anyway I am moving on with a different hen and different topics.
    I would like to point out that just because a bird is a 2 way cross doesn't mean they might not be special. All the great straight bred strains of today were started with 2 and up cross bred fowl . No way no know for sure if she is that special hen that could set one apart from the competition without breeding from it. Many many times , more times that not they wont be worth the trouble but when they are legends get made.
    Last edited by Skincarver; April 1st, 2020 at 06:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skincarver View Post
    I would respectfully have to disagree, it appears QK read from the same Bible or went to the same type church I did. I prefer to set these religious talks out though , it usually turns to bad blood and hard feelings. Like QK said they got a church out there for everbody these days. I don't get into knocking anyones beliefs unless they've knocked mine. I figure if a person believes in any of that stuff they can prey on it till they get an answer or make up their own minds. According to what I was raised to believe if a man walks the path of Christ he gives up wordly things . That's the goal right to be Christ like in every way and humble . One thing I remember about the Bible and its something we all fault in sometime or another is thinking we know the mind of God . Since I don't claim to be saved I don't even consider if showing fowl would be something God would approve of , if its wrong its just one more thing Ive done that was added to the list . One thing is for sure if their is a world beyond we will all get a chance to ask him when we get face to face. I know if their is a hell it be packed with a lot of good ole boys and girls that never really hurt nobody but just didn't repent or have the blood applied. Out of eons and eons worth of souls to pick from only a handful will enter in , if I believed with all my heart Id pray on it .
    One of my favorite verses is, "Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." I take that to mean my relationship with God is personal and I should always look to HIM.Bible does not say that money is the root of all evil, it says the LOVE of money is the root of all evil. So I try to watch what it is I am loving. Working out my own salvation is sometimes hard if I listen to TOO many people who are working out their own salvation (benefit of the doubt) who try to encourage me to their way of thinking or living. I will say GOD is good to me and while I might not be able to fully explain it, I feel pretty close to HIM on my yard rather than in a building.

8. Likes Hightimes01, Skincarver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Samiyam, to confirm your view on this, here is another.

Romans 14:4 King James Version (KJV)

4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Post Thanks / Like

Now back to chickens, If I had a straight bred hen running loose and she got with a rooster from the cord yard and the offspring turn out to be smokers, I mean good enough to think of breeding him, would I breed him or his sisters? OR would I be crazy to mess with it?

Post Thanks / Like

Good flesh.Good pedigree.
    Blue blood sent to a sabong friend.
    https://sabongtube.net/v/MdIRcd

Post Thanks / Like

My mentor always did good with yard hatches. The hens running free would be the straight bred ones he kept the crossed ones penned up. That way at least he knew half of their makeup lol. He said if they were good he could put them with an aunt or to the momma