Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Likes and Unlike. Doís and Doníts breeding Asil or Orientals.

Post Thanks / Like

Likes and Unlike. Doís and Doníts breeding Asil or Orientals.

I know a lot likes Asils or Orientals. I also know a lot dnt like.
    I myself in middle. I lovehate them. I only bred 3 types of asil in my lifetime.

first when I was starting. I love them but derby comes and they are heavy meat/bone. Hard to empty them.
    Next, I bred steel grade rampuri imported egg from here. Bred to a claret. One season. Good but doesnít peck.
    third. Majestic asil here. No records.

so, who likes them and donít?

good and bad experienced?

likes and dislikes? Some call them monkeys.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Likes and Unlike. Doís and Doníts breeding Asil or Orientals.

from the start I have been an asil Breeder and I love them down to 1/4 blood for LK. Unfortunately my favourite pair was stolen and could not copy what I made for years

Post Thanks / Like

From my experience they are not game and will not finish a downed bird. Not saying they are not good but I'm just speaking from my experience

4. Likes LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like em , if you get the good cutting kind they win the majority . But they don't have the ability to grit their teeth and dig deep when something actually gets em hooked and rag dolls em . I also couldn't handle going in hoping I'd win because I played possum and hoped to meet junk that fell for it . I've whipped those asil on win streaks that did that several times for the money .

I like these Rampury , they are like a strong cider that you just can't order without the bartender pouring it in a coconut shell .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    I don't like em , if you get the good cutting kind they win the majority . But they don't have the ability to grit their teeth and dig deep when something actually gets em hooked and rag dolls em . I also couldn't handle going in hoping I'd win because I played possum and hoped to meet junk that fell for it . I've whipped those asil on win streaks that did that several times for the money .

I like these Rampury , they are like a strong cider that you just can't order without the bartender pouring it in a coconut shell .
    So, rampuri are not asils or orientals? I thought they are.

Post Thanks / Like

I like all types of those oriental jap monkey headed looking things.. like seeing them across the way on the other line!

8. Likes cutcutcut, BostonMurphy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive seen the type you like. They do win. They are one successful angle in this game. Their not any better than then other successful angles I've seen. Their just not a too common style thats around. They can be beat by QUICKER triggered, SMARTER fowl. Its a nice angle.

Post Thanks / Like

The Golden Grey were an all new angle .. They were kinda like those insane Jet Sweater but six pounds and tons over power . Larry could get em to wait and gauge their man .. Then every move was to get a killing angle . The Rampuri are the closest I've seen to that , they don't do defense or back up ... They get on you and that mike Tyson thing where he slips you to bst your ribs while he's past your guard . There's no counter to it ... Unless you saw the golden grey in person r rampuri .. It's like saying you found a sparring partner to mimick Brock Lesner , no sch thing

I like sparring the Pumpkins , but Larry left them home for a reason .. And I've culled plenty for it. If you are moving toget out of they way then it's a heartache ... My Granddad finally has some Pumkin/ Claret that move like a Pumpkin but so they can hit ... First in 25 yrs to blend so well .

I know guys have seen Rampuri like Tonio , etc .. But that's not what these are . Probably about 1/4 Ramouri , some funky oriental and a shot of how they describe nigger Rh or some other hot black blood ... And they still would revert to queer asil in a hurry

Post Thanks / Like

Like that they are extremely good cutters. Unpredictable and off beat fighting styles. Low maintenance fowl in the keep. They need less condtioning then your typical American game fowl. Grades get muscular really fast. What i dont like is that they hardly ever go to the drag. They win most of the fights unscratched and in the first or two buckles.
    Last edited by lurena; March 30th, 2020 at 06:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

The Golden Grey were an all new angle .. They were kinda like those insane Jet Sweater but six pounds and tons over power . Larry could get em to wait and gauge their man .. Then every move was to get a killing angle . The Rampuri are the closest I've seen to that , they don't do defense or back up ... They get on you and that mike Tyson thing where he slips you to bst your ribs while he's past your guard . There's no counter to it ... Unless you saw the golden grey in person r rampuri .. It's like saying you found a sparring partner to mimick Brock Lesner , no sch thing

I like sparring the Pumpkins , but Larry left them home for a reason .. And I've culled plenty for it. If you are moving toget out of they way then it's a heartache ... My Granddad finally has some Pumkin/ Claret that move like a Pumpkin but so they can hit ... First in 25 yrs to blend so well .

I know guys have seen Rampuri like Tonio , etc .. But that's not what these are . Probably about 1/4 Ramouri , some funky oriental and a shot of how they describe nigger Rh or some other hot black blood ... And they still would revert to queer asil in a hurry
    I like the style you like as well. I also see the advantage of some of the other asils. My Pakistani are good to make power fowl. The Sayotos "play possum" a little more than the Rams, but are very similar once they commit.

What you are crossing them TO, also makes a ton of difference on the outcome. The Ram's seem to have a style that compliments everything, the other orientals I have messed with, you had to be smarter on your cross selection.

Who knows WHAT the good rams really are, but they are heavy in oriental blood at a minimum. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

I have never owned any. I have tried some 3/4 1/4 that were deadly in the knife but lost 70% in short gaffs. To smart did not throw enough feet. Whitehackle came and smashed them to pieces. They were to busy being smart and ended up dead. Off the others I faced. Had one cut me to pieces. Then start standing around. Gave mine time to shake a rattle. Then we hurt him and he ran. Seen others cut a cock to the floor. Then just stand there and get counted out. Not for I but I’m still young or middle aged. My son calls me old lol

Post Thanks / Like

I like 5/8 American and 3/8 rampuri with rampuri on both sides

15. Likes Quapaw Kid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Our stell grade rampuri asil was the same batch egg with the madigin claret. So we bred them. Got beautiful stags. I fought 1 at 11 mos. He met the same looking 3 yr old multi winner Rh. They met at the fly kicking until the ground. The other one is dead. He just keeps on dancing. All around him. No pecking for 3 pick and peck. Just dancing and unscathed. The worst part. He was so manfighter. That was the last time I dnt like them. Particularly that blood. I left him with my american partner when I left my hometown.

All of us was disappointed, big money bets. We were called at 10-6. They were 10. We were 6. First time it happened in my game. I almost smashed him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JLF2.0 View Post
    I like all types of those oriental jap monkey headed looking things.. like seeing them across the way on the other line!
    Jay my friend, I promise with all my heart you would not like to be across the line of these 1/4 Rampurys. Or even the 1/8ths. Just saying.

18. Thanks GP13 thanked for this post
    Likes FILAMEX, james1953, GP13 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaBlue View Post
    Jay my friend, I promise with all my heart you would not like to be across the line of these 1/4 Rampurys. Or even the 1/8ths. Just saying.
    Sir Del. If we could see their play in Iloilo much better. But in my lifetime. I never saw an opponent of my warriors that I feared. As long as the money match my small betting. I only fear that going down or backing down coz my opponent bet so much.

it happened one in my fights, the owner was rich that my office boss ask me why I matched our cock to them. I trusted mine. A spangled hatch and theirs a ylh. They bet 10x than ours. It takes too long but as we bring almost all our construction workers and that was a payday saturday. It was met. The game was almost the same. But we win,

One problem though, we wait for almost 1 hour for their bet to cash in. They went home to get some money. Lol. Theyíre rich and bet with no money. They thought they could win.
    well that was a feast for the cons.workers and my wounded spangle hatch was stolen in the morning. Hahahaha.

20. Thanks bajan31 thanked for this post
    Likes gaff, RLaurent14, bajan31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If your into the heel best not to ever let one chit on your property...... I like the way they win but can’t stand how they lose.....let that sink in for a few.

22. Thanks grey/dom thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Breed the asil down to 1/8 and you will like them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Birdderfly View Post
    Breed the asil down to 1/8 and you will like them
    Most call them “roundheads”, except they haven’t been “refined” by a master breeder.
    There are so many different types of roundheads that have all the positives of orientals with LESS of there short commings.

Post Thanks / Like

They sound good blue. Cut bred to cut. Many people have done it in the past—-roundhead/kelso, brownred/roundheads, blue/roundheads, mug/roundheads, hennie/roundheads. Notice theres a common denominator in those examples.

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes a good feeder could make a ****ty rooster like an ace,,,there might be a chance that a fellow got boles blood but he no boles,,,.learning is a lifetime some people just stay and done same in comfort,,

Post Thanks / Like

Del I'd venture to say your 50+ years with the mugs and Rats 30+ years of success with the McLean's and countless derbies/COTY won with those 2 lines is the leading factor to what makes that cross so successful. I'd say the 1/4 or 1/8 Rampuri has very little to do with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing Del that Rampuri blood you got come from only a couple hours up the road from me. I can call anyone of about 3 men every weekend and they can tell me who's doing the winning everywhere within about a 4 hour radius. If there was some black monkey things on a hot streak anywhere up here I'd know about. Never heard about them, never seen them. If someone is successful up here it spreads, if they are successful with something different like a black monkey word will spread faster than covid-19. It didnt take me long before ppl starting pestering the hell out of me wanting some "blues" and that is just a fact. I told them to call Richard Kelly! Like I said in the previous post 75+% of that blood in your cross has had a long successful history. Id give credit where its due.

29. Likes gaff, RLaurent14, BostonMurphy, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The good Rampuri cocks pure are where that mean streak comes from , not the Mclean ... the Mclean are good , but way more LK than gaff . What makes the Rampuri different is they don't need a second wind like American to make their comeback ... they bounce back the second they get hurt and are still dangerous and with the asil toughness is creates close to a true hybrid . Alot of asil will try to stand on their feet when tickled with steel , but they won't hit ... they start neck wrestling and act weird . Whatever is in the Rampuri stands up , but they still hit....

If you could get the queer red ones to still hit when hurt or not try to squirm out when they got rag dolled then they'd be about unbeatable too .... asil are like a box of treasure locked up and hardly anyone has the key .

Post Thanks / Like

I used to hate an asil, claimed I would never own one. Most are like some mentioned above, they look good when ahead on a fight but they are not too good when fight is even or if they get behind. Then I ran up against a family of asil that in a period of about 5 years, I don't think I ever beat one of them. I wasn't alone either, they was winning in some of the toughest competition around. I figured I would get a few and try and see how they crossed with my fowl. Years later, probably 80% of what I raise has at least a 1/4 asil and several have 1/2. I knew that would be able to cut and have the offbeat asil style, but what surprised me is their ability to come from behind if needed. So I learned to never say never. Who knows, maybe one day I will even find a green legged bird I like good enough to breed.

Post Thanks / Like

Orientals are like any other bloodline. Some are average some are good and some are exceptional. Like any blood, what sets them apart is what u cross them too. Too me orientals do best with fast winning fowl.

Post Thanks / Like

Orientals as whole are bred to ko you naked heel . You gotta load up for that . So ,they got the juice if you can get em to let the fur fly . They also are bred to never stay down , you unlock that and instead I'd those second wind comebacks you can do it pronto

Cross em to fowl that punch their way out of a bad spot and want to be in there .. That's what unlocks em. An asil hen or chick can fly to the moon and run at light speed , jst gotta free it up

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grey/dom View Post
    Sir Del. If we could see their play in Iloilo much better. But in my lifetime. I never saw an opponent of my warriors that I feared. As long as the money match my small betting. I only fear that going down or backing down coz my opponent bet so much.

it happened one in my fights, the owner was rich that my office boss ask me why I matched our cock to them. I trusted mine. A spangled hatch and theirs a ylh. They bet 10x than ours. It takes too long but as we bring almost all our construction workers and that was a payday saturday. It was met. The game was almost the same. But we win,

One problem though, we wait for almost 1 hour for their bet to cash in. They went home to get some money. Lol. They’re rich and bet with no money. They thought they could win.
    well that was a feast for the cons.workers and my wounded spangle hatch was stolen in the morning. Hahahaha.
    hahahahaha hahahahaha...............you funny, bai.

Post Thanks / Like

Orientals as whole are bred to ko you naked heel . You gotta load up for that . So ,they got the juice if you can get em to let the fur fly . They also are bred to never stay down , you unlock that and instead I'd those second wind comebacks you can do it pronto

Cross em to fowl that punch their way out of a bad spot and want to be in there .. That's what unlocks em. An asil hen or chick can fly to the moon and run at light speed , jst gotta free it up
    I agree with your first line, as it applies to orientals as a whole, the bred to not stay down part too. The rest of your post, applies to the Rampuris in my opinion.

Trust me, I've gotten asil from "top breeders", that are slower than molasses. I've got some slow asil that still work for grading, they just dont bring the same traits to a cross that the rampuri do.

And while the original orientals were bred to KO, what happened to the Corey Rams? I haven't gotten a pure Corey that was KO'ing birds naked heal. They play high speed patty cake with your face.

So, it's hard to make the sweeping generalizations people like to make about "Asils". Shoot, even among the Rampuri, there is huge differences between the product of different breeders, even the whole group that all started with the same ones from dave...

Post Thanks / Like

Again. Never hear them going to the top. Champions I mean. Mexico and PI.
    Peruvian is new. But they have already been in the news for being champion in stag derby. Peruvian cross.

But Asil? Rampuri? Bring your best to knives party. One slash and they dead. They bleed fast. Lol
    without feed they have no power. Conditioned them and they are lazy. Lol.
    Last edited by grey/dom; April 5th, 2020 at 08:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grey/dom View Post
    Again. Never hear them going to the top. Champions I mean. Mexico and PI.
    Peruvian is new. But they have already been in the news for being champion in stag derby. Peruvian cross.

But Asil? Rampuri? Bring your best to knives party. One slash and they dead. They bleed fast. Lol
    without feed they have no power. Conditioned them and they are lazy. Lol.
    I don't know where you have been the last 10 years or so, but asil crosses are winning more big derbies and mains in Mexico now than probably any other cross. The asil crosses and the green leg grey crossed on light legged blood are probably the two most popular crosses right now. That's why you see so many of the commercial size farms starting to really produce a lot of asil crosses. I agree I haven't heard much about any Peruvian crosses winning. That was a hot thing for about a year or two in Philippines but kind of cooled off once they got some old enough to test test out so it really didn't take off that I know of. Maybe they just had to breed it down so much to get them the right size that they don't show any Peruvian any more and you cant tell its in there. I have heard a few trying asils in Philippines but not sure they will ever be as popular there as they are in Mexico just because of the looks of them and leg length on the straight stuff.

38. Thanks Al Sanchez thanked for this post
    Likes Al Sanchez liked this post