Thread: jerry lawrence no good

Post Thanks / Like

jerry lawrence no good

I bought a penny hen from jerry this year.she is blue legged and I bred her to a blue legged hatch cock all the chicks are yellow legged and white legged. I called jerry and told him about it and he swore that the rooster is at fault. I have never in my entire life bred a green/blue legged hen (that was pure or supposed to be pure) and got yellow legged or white legged chicks. I asked him to swap the hen as it is obvious a mistake was made and he refused. Dont bother going to that peddler.

2. Likes KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: jerry lawrence no good

no Excuse.

but I believe he had a liquidation SALE everything must go correct?

all I will add to this is... my original toppy greys -feg- when bred they through some pea combs.

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by CA whitetoppy06; April 8th, 2020 at 01:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Blue legged chickens are a cross.
    Genetics �� s a funny thing. Id be more focused on wether the offspring are good or not.

7. Thanks bazsdmeg2u, Sig1911 thanked for this post
    Likes bazsdmeg2u, Mossy Dell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Samiyam, my whole point is... I’m glad I didn’t get yellow or white legs.. what I got was unique to JBL.. but atleast he sent me birds that were very calm plump and healthy upon arrival.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samiyam007 View Post
    I bought a penny hen from jerry this year.she is blue legged and I bred her to a blue legged hatch cock all the chicks are yellow legged and white legged. I called jerry and told him about it and he swore that the rooster is at fault. I have never in my entire life bred a green/blue legged hen (that was pure or supposed to be pure) and got yellow legged or white legged chicks. I asked him to swap the hen as it is obvious a mistake was made and he refused. Dont bother going to that peddler.
    . How old are the chicks???? Sometimes right out of the shell they gonna be what you described.....then as they get older the legs turn out....IDK if he did you wrong or not but I’d give them some time to grow and see for sure what’s what......IVe never spoke to Lawrence so I’m definitely not sticking up for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE-RITE View Post
    . How old are the chicks???? Sometimes right out of the shell they gonna be what you described.....then as they get older the legs turn out....IDK if he did you wrong or not but I’d give them some time to grow and see for sure what’s what......IVe never spoke to Lawrence so I’m definitely not sticking up for him.
    well no option on it, I will let the chicks grow, but I will never endorse him or his fowl. It won't matter if they are all 10 time poultry show winners. I also spoke to the guy who gifted me the hatch cock. There is no way straight blue/green legged parents will throw white/yellow legged chicks. He said the farm he got them from sold them to him as pure and all he ever got was blue/green legged fowl. Live and learn, I don't care how long someone has been in business anyone that will sell their word for a couple hundred dollars never had word to start with.

Post Thanks / Like

My green legged greys start out yellow then turn green. I’m not saying either way. I just know you can breed gamefowl all your life and still not know much about it. But I do know if it’s in the blood white or yellow legged it will eventually show up maybe so far down the road. But eventually will pop out.

12. Likes CA whitetoppy06, Skincarver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Im just gonna guess here and say the yellow legged chicks may turn green and the pearl legs turn blue. Ive had Hatch they come green straight out of the egg but the Rubes and Mcleans I have now all Hatch out yellow legged. Here is anpother fact that some may not still know.Many if Ted Mcleans Hatch fowl not only wre born yellow legged but stayed yellow legged and I read somewhere those were the ones he actually preferred . So just for the record their are two different breed of YLH out there.
    Not sure about Jerry, never had any dealings with him but I wouldn't judge just yet. I was pissed when I first saw my Hatch come out yellow legged and called and ask the old man I got them from, whom I had known since I was a kid. I didn't jump his case about it but was respectful he just laughed said yeah that's the way they always been but they'll turn green . Withing a month every single one had changed to green or grayish slate . Never really got what I would call a blue leg yet.Only fowl I know that supposedly come blue leg when bred straight and are expected to be blue would be Flarry Eyed Greys. If the hen and the cock are both new to you Id try them on a different pair and see what happens. If they turn out to be exceptional fowl that's the main thing.You can always change their looks to suit you by breeding methods, its a whole lot harder to change average fowl into exceptional fowl .

14. Likes CA whitetoppy06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

well no option on it, I will let the chicks grow, but I will never endorse him or his fowl. It won't matter if they are all 10 time poultry show winners. I also spoke to the guy who gifted me the hatch cock. There is no way straight blue/green legged parents will throw white/yellow legged chicks. He said the farm he got them from sold them to him as pure and all he ever got was blue/green legged fowl. Live and learn, I don't care how long someone has been in business anyone that will sell their word for a couple hundred dollars never had word to start with.
    . I agree with your last sentence 100 percent.....

Post Thanks / Like

(April 21st) day old

(March 8th) legs still turning
    Last edited by CA whitetoppy06; April 8th, 2020 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Year 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CA whitetoppy06 View Post

Beautiful FEGs my friend. .

18. Thanks CA whitetoppy06 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes nice grey toppies CA whitetoppie and also a great post on another thread. I guess I'll show a few before the sight goes away.

20. Thanks CA whitetoppy06 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by CA whitetoppy06; April 8th, 2020 at 02:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

23. Likes avalos1991, Hoghunter, RLaurent14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by CA whitetoppy06; April 8th, 2020 at 02:32 PM. Reason: All 2018

25. Likes Skincarver, Hoghunter, RLaurent14, KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

27. Likes Hoghunter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CA whitetoppy06 View Post

How's the temperament of your FEGs? .

Post Thanks / Like

Here here on that last sentence

30. Likes LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Number 1 sign to not order from this man. (JMO)
    he has every breed of hatch,kelso,Asil,roundhead,white, anything you want...
    he has. That Alone should be a red flag for anyone. Right or wrong??

Post Thanks / Like

Right! But on the other hand, he served those after breed names. May have had solid stock. There is no way to improve it raising that many. A guy like that would probably tell you in a long conversation what he thought was good.

33. Likes CA whitetoppy06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great pics ! Best part of website looking at everyone's birds

35. Thanks CA whitetoppy06 thanked for this post
    Likes CA whitetoppy06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't worry about the leg color unless they don't change. These are hatches and there yellow legged and will be that way for a couple weeks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

37. Thanks Sig1911 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen good and bad from him. My mentor had a claret/feg cock from jbl stock and it ran after 1st putting put him back on the line 2 more times and ran but a couple of his brothers have done real good too. He's breeding them pure now to see from what bloodline it may have come from. Those were the 1st offspring he tested from the jbl stock. I say if they win for you then great but I wouldn't trust him enough to acquire birds from him again. Just my pov

39. Thanks CA whitetoppy06 thanked for this post
    Likes Sig1911, CA whitetoppy06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've talked with Mr. Lawrence many times.
    And have gotten a couple birds from him in the past.
    I got solid birds, maybe not aces, but far from culls.

Also, I talk to a decent amount of breeders. If Mr. Lawrence is a liar, he either decided not to lie to me, or he is the best liar I've encountered.

I've caught almost everyone of the "top" breeders (same ones y'all get so excited about) I've talked to, "saying what they need" to sell stuff (I politely won't call them lairs).

I never caught Jerry in a slip up, he never had to correct a mistake he said... So if he's a liar, he's darn good and has a HELL of a memory for it.

This is only MY experience.
    Just my 2 cents.

41. Thanks Sig1911 thanked for this post
    Likes CA whitetoppy06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Samiyam, hoping things work out for you one way or another.

never a great feeling to receive lest than we expected.

like I said in the PM