Thread: MENTAL CONDITIONING

Post Thanks / Like

MENTAL CONDITIONING

It surprises me that this subject is rarely discussed. People seem to not understand its significance.

2. Thanks Thunda thanked for this post
    Likes Quapaw Kid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MENTAL CONDITIONING

Some families are BORN with a mentally more stable mind. Some are made that way with a gentle and a wise hand.
    You will get more out of your fowl with proper mental conditioning.

4. Likes KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Soak some oats , freshwater ,corn chops and egg whites .. McDonald's sells more nuggets than every steakhouse in the world sells steaks combined .. My keep will make your fowl win .. Sure , buy one trio of stag/pullets and I will tell you how to make a family ..

Lots more crayons sold than them gold pens you get for winning spelling bees .. Mental conditioning , it's the mountain top .. But can't mental condition dunghills and retards .. So that rules out 90% . Can't sell keeps ,get likes or make friends telling the truth

6. Likes Hoghunter, KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    Soak some oats , freshwater ,corn chops and egg whites .. McDonald's sells more nuggets than every steakhouse in the world sells steaks combined .. My keep will make your fowl win .. Sure , buy one trio of stag/pullets and I will tell you how to make a family ..

Lots more crayons sold than them gold pens you get for winning spelling bees .. Mental conditioning , it's the mountain top .. But can't mental condition dunghills and retards .. So that rules out 90% . Can't sell keeps ,get likes or make friends telling the truth
    Focus..... all that could of been said with 2 sentences.

Post Thanks / Like

You didn't get 8,000 posts by not repeating yourself ..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post

I'm a simple man. And that's to deep for me. I know fowl and exspecially my fowl. They are so easily conditioned mentally and finically most anyone could do it. But the deal is most won't. That's why I go to the winners circle often. I will.

10. Likes BackNBlack, KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn good subject MnG. We touched once on that bird that was getting the rest all riled up, made me so mad lol. Its such a pleasure to work with sound minded fowl, makes your part so much easier as long as you do what you should be doing. I still have some outliers here and there, work in progress and dont quite have it all ironed out, hell who says I ever will right lol. Del Mugg blood is a horse, theyll take a beating on the bench and not lose the mental edge ever. The more effort you put into them the better theyll be. Thats what Ive set out to achieve here through careful selection and it takes many years along with several pitfalls along the way .

QK, touching on the ole snake oil salesman pitch lol. They all have a punch line readily available for ya, as long as someone falls for it and it sells $$
    SF
    Last edited by KevinG; May 20th, 2020 at 12:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

With thirty days to get them ready. These are some off my mental conditioning. I hand feed bread. I get down low eyeball to eyeball with cocks or stags while feeding bread. My son and I during week one walk the cocks stags around yard before we weigh them. I play a radio by my conditioning pens and in cock house. I should do more off this but we don’t travel more than four hours and usually only an hour but. Pack up stags cocks and take them for a ride a couple times a week. I would would say for a 700 mile trip this would be a good idea. Luckily I don’t really like high strung fowl. I like my Whitehackles typically you can walk right in a grab them off roost poles. I would like too here others experience

Post Thanks / Like

The more you can keep it to the real thing each day during the keep. The better off you'll be.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep them happy, horny and hungry.

15. Likes LaBlue, Sig1911 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mental and Physical . You cant really have one at a top level without the other. Hard work with lack of rest both will suffer. Overworked fowl are tight sore and stressed . Physically and mentally off their game.

Underworked fowl I don't think will ever hit their peak . They might perform well (mostly on ability alone) but not their absolute best .

Not to say some don't do well without hand working fowl cause some do. Not hand working doesn't mean they get no work. You have to make sure youre creating an environment where they will absolutely work themselves to the fullest . Ive seen folk and Ive done it myself, work fowl too much for the amount of rest given. I don't believe per say, in over working fowl I do believe without a shadow of a doubt in UNDER RESTING fowl. Got to give em time to get over it. When you have a well bred bird in superior physical shape its almost inevitable that mental conditioning will follow and be at its peak.
    Last edited by Skincarver; May 20th, 2020 at 07:21 PM.

17. Likes Hoghunter, LaBlue, Quapaw Kid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sir murphy, cockpit noise mp3 is now downloadable in the internet. Bringing your own roosts, boxes & rest stalls is also an advantage. Here in PI feed companies sell anti-stress agents in liquid form. Ty.

19. Likes MONGOOSE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Burihara View Post
    Sir murphy, cockpit noise mp3 is now downloadable in the internet. Bringing your own roosts, boxes & rest stalls is also an advantage. Here in PI feed companies sell anti-stress agents in liquid form. Ty.
    Like the idea of pit noise but anything that labeled as “anti stress” Id be Leary of sedation.

Post Thanks / Like

The one who train him sparring/handling is the one who will release him or at his side during the battle. The scent of the man is one mentally confusing also the color or colors, noise and lights. Stags are hard to prepare mentally.