Thread: tie cord hitch

Post Thanks / Like

tie cord hitch

what is your favorite tie cord hitch been using the neoprene short hitch but the brass thing in them dont last no time getting aggrevated used them for years now they are not the same any advice

Post Thanks / Like

Re: tie cord hitch

Good question.. I’m no authority on the question at hand but.. I’ve had a pro hitch since early 2017 and it’s still in almost perfect order.. the double T that tightens it on leg got bent when I stepped on it not in use.. other than that no rust, and still works fine.. but not every size fits all..

this year I got a few Oklahoma slips hitch (I think) and the grommets already rusting.. I like them as easier to get on and off and work for stags or has for me..I’m curious too as there are the EZ hitch too I was thinking about?

3. Thanks regulargrey thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks ca white toppy I have not tried either of the oklahoma or the pro hitch were is a good place to find different ones I was looking at the phillipine hitch anyone try those and may get a few of the pro hitch to try

Post Thanks / Like

I like a tighter hitch, seems I have several older cocks that constantly pick at them to get loose. No good for one getting loose. I soak mine in deisel, the hitch, line and all keeps them lasting and prevents rot.

6. Thanks regulargrey thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ever since it became illegal in the U.S. I've noticed the quality of tiecords have gone down the tubes (bellefarm) thinner, no washers, swivel bends easier ect. I told them why no washers & that the hitch is on backwards & who ever is puttin the end caps is not doing a good job I lost a few cocks co's of it.... aahh it was pointless even talkin 2 them .... I just make my own now

8. Thanks regulargrey thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

where is a good place to get different hitches belle has the one that the grommets are out in about 3 months all of that type is like that no matter were you get them i was hunting for different hitches to try

Post Thanks / Like

I have had good luck with the Oklahoma hitch from Wood Enterprises. Good products great people to work with and Paul uses what he sells.

11. Thanks regulargrey thanked for this post
    Likes LoneWolf, Bloodsport, regulargrey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wood Enterprises makes good ones..The Oklahoma slip hitch is my favorite.It comes in teo sizes now....https://www.wood-enterprises.com/tiecoandsu.html

13. Likes regulargrey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Oklahoma hitch , have tried several others and not satisfied .in self defense I started making my own hitches. First ones I got where leather, really liked these very labor intensive and only lasted about two years before thread started breaking. Tried neoprene type hitches and that's the ticket. Flex cord, neoprene type hitch , last for several years and easy to remove . But I still make them myself.

15. Thanks regulargrey thanked for this post
    Likes BostonMurphy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oklahoma slip is the only way to go.

17. Thanks regulargrey thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Over the years ive used about every one made ans my favorite is the Pro hitch . Thats all i use now for cocks
    Last edited by Steel city farm; May 23rd, 2020 at 01:58 AM.

19. Thanks regulargrey thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

were do you get the pro hitch and any pics I have never seen one I know being in and around chickens for a lot of years I should but never seen one thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I like the short neoprene hitch, do yours have a washer between the grommet and the end clip? I always install them on mine and mine are lasting as expected. Some of my older hitches are probably on their third set of grommets but those have many years on them.

Post Thanks / Like

yes washers on end and in between just not lasting like use to several years ago a grommet would out last the neoprene hitch

23. Likes Nauvoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

middle is Prohitch got off Woods enterprise in 2017
    Last edited by CA whitetoppy06; May 23rd, 2020 at 10:33 AM.

25. Thanks regulargrey thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks a lot seen them in books didnt know what they were called been in the business for years make me look bad but never seen none in my neck of the woods

Post Thanks / Like

I tried some of those slip hitches before but I didn't have any luck with them. They didn't even last 6 months before they was breaking right where the rope and the leather meet. Has anyone else had that problem and found a way to fix it? Would have loved them if they lasted longer because they are so easy to get on and off. Right now I use all of the short stag hitches. Hard to get on and off until you get used to them, but they last a long time and I very rarely have any tie cord accidents.

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to beat nylon hitches if the nylon is right ... cheap nylon is the only reason you'd get some that weren't the best all around hitch . The Pro hitch is right there with it ... the other styles are kinda clunky to be dragging around to me . And they don't make a left hand one either so I hate em' ..

Post Thanks / Like

I order me a dozen each of the Oklahoma and pro and Philippine hitches never seen nobody around here use either been use the neoprene short hitch and the grommets don't last 3 to 6 months and wore out thanks for your all help and the pics ca whitetoppy