Thread: Violation of Rules in Releasing Your Cock

Post Thanks / Like

Violation of Rules in Releasing Your Cock

If given the opportunity to gain advantage by releasing your rusher cock beyond the boundary line nearer to your cock's opponent, would you risk paying half the amount of your bet as a penalty? Guys your opinion pls.

2. Thanks Bama71 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Violation of Rules in Releasing Your Cock

No I wouldn't. That is cheating. Not only that, but if after you pay your penalty, your opponent gives you another penalty with a big stick later, I wouldn't say he was wrong to do so.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha ha how about if you release about 3 feet from your cocks opponent?....the distance is somewhat fair isnt it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Burihara View Post
    Ha ha ha how about if you release about 3 feet from your cocks opponent?....the distance is somewhat fair isnt it?
    This no different from bad weight. Violator does not suffer forfeiture but reqd to pay a certain amount of money, innit?

Post Thanks / Like

Cheating is stealing. A thief is a thief no matter how they go about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Where we fought the LK when legal pitting over the line was a automatic loss. I never heard of a penalty, even if you won you lost.
    Once I saw a young lady pit over the line. She was pitting for the pit owner. He ran out and shouted "No harm, No foul" because the cocks hadn't hit yet and let her pit again. Her cock still lost. I heard the Filipino guy that won ease up to the owner and say how about that, had to beat you twice in one fight and still won hahahhaha. Kinda cracked me up.

8. Likes Shrek, don128 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Theres a principle in law that what is not prohibited is allowed, but theres a saying that what is legal may not be moral...Its just like cheating on your wife, its not illegal. Its just frowned upon.Ty.
    Last edited by Burihara; May 21st, 2020 at 10:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Release your gamefowl according to the rules set. But you can release faster than your opponent which is not a violation at all, as long as you're within the boundary of the lines. Crossing it is a foul or fowl hehehe.

Post Thanks / Like

Cockfighting is considered a gentlemen's sport, governed by rules which makes it wholesome and entertaining.... it is the cheating which destroys the sport .. but as a pitter it will be your obligation to protect your bird at all times by reading what the other pitter will be doing.... the Philippine system is different as once the birds are released the referee takes over...but even then... the pitter should also watch the ongoing progress of the fight as many times the referee is also mesmerized by the ongoing fight that he fails and many times at the sidelines you have to yell to wake up the referee as the game is decided in 2 seconds.......and 2 pecks.....

12. Likes cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was pitting if anyone ran a cock to the line, or turned loose before the command "pit" I picked mine up and would intice the other cock to jump and try to hit mine while walking and turning away from the other pitter. This made it hard for the other pitter to catch his bird. Sometimes the ref would warn the other pitter on next foul, he would be replaced. This made a great time to turn loose on him and crook the crook.

14. Likes Hoghunter, cutcutcut, richardself liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This was not a releasing issue but this happened to me in the gaff at Sunset. First pitting my cock uncoupled other cock. My cock quickly hangs and I ask for count. The ref says back on 2, pit. My cock on a quick trot heads across the pit me following at 6 ft. Just as my cock gets to the other cock the pitter stands his cock up and releases him just as mine gets there. He jumps up and brains my cock killing him stone dead. I was so shocked I didn even think to kick that sob in the mouth. Only fight I lost that day.

16. Likes cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RHman1026 View Post
    When I was pitting if anyone ran a cock to the line, or turned loose before the command "pit" I picked mine up and would intice the other cock to jump and try to hit mine while walking and turning away from the other pitter. This made it hard for the other pitter to catch his bird. Sometimes the ref would warn the other pitter on next foul, he would be replaced. This made a great time to turn loose on him and crook the crook.
    lol, I'm with ya, even running a cock to the line aint cool with me, lol@crook the crook

Post Thanks / Like

Because of this penalty rule here in PI, we learned not to do the presentation before we release the cock & we do it as far from each other as possible to avoid surprises...

Post Thanks / Like

Some places are very well run. Everyone is treated like family, and it's by invitation only. The quickest way to loose your invitation, get caught cheating or being an @$$. Many old timers are always present to observe from the front row as well.

Other places, in the brush, seem to try very hard to predetermine the end result. The term "good honest guys finish last" is in full effect at these kinds of places. You better know the rules and stand up/protect your warrior, and make sure that you have your big boy pants on. I know a few handlers that will brag about how they won the fight and many will brag about how they cheated you and got away with it, and if they got caught, the damage is already done. Some will even tell the loosing entry that they need to do a better job of handling and protecting their bird.

20. Likes Quapaw Kid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it very hard to watch 2 cocks just stand around and not engage the other cock quickly. My RH didn't have to be billed to fire into the other cock as soon as their feet hit the ground. They killed many more than they lost by being "hot headed" If I were showing in the Islands I would have my cock down on the line quick and he would fly to the other cock immediately. The "smart" cock had to be very good or the fight was over, in both LG and LK. I bred for this trait along with others yr. after yr. and it came to be a dominant trait. I wanted to win or lose on the other side of the pit. I had a lot of pitters crying that I pitted on them. I usually didn't pit early unless I was meeting a "slick" pitter but I was also very seldom late turning loose. Know the rules, use the rules, to help your cock.
    Last edited by RHman1026; May 23rd, 2020 at 11:56 AM.

22. Likes Hoghunter, cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it very hard to watch 2 cocks just stand around and not engage the other cock quickly. My RH didn't have to be billed to fire into the other cock as soon as their feet hit the ground. They killed many more than they lost by being "hot headed" If I were showing in the Islands I would have my cock down on the line quick and he would fly to the other cock immediately. The "smart" cock had to be very good or the fight was over, in both LG and LK. I bred for this trait along with others yr. after yr. and it came to be a dominant trait. I wanted to win or lose on the other side of the pit. I had a lot of pitters crying that I pitted on them. I usually didn't pit early unless I was meeting a "slick" pitter but I was also very seldom late turning loose. Know the rules, use the rules, to help your cock.
    In the islands, big time derbies are held in pits or arenas which are big and the lines are 8 feet apart at least .... your opponent pitter studies what style of bird you have during the heating and billing as the bets are being evened while both of you are warming and billing your birds..... at 8 feet release your opponent pitter will blindside your bird by releasing his bird on the side and not on the direct vision of your bird... and most of the time the other pitter will wait for you to release your bird first.... his bird will be alert and ready and wait for your bird to come in and if your bird is not used to this situation of the distance , your bird loses focus and makes the first mistake......
    Cockers in our island select this style of birds and age them.... and believe me when they release these birds and these birds will stand still waiting for the other bird....but when they start fighting they are non stop........

24. Likes trans13, cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Walking through the line , keeping the other pitter in your pocket , all the tricks that aren't cheating but part of hustling to win were basics around here ... you go to win , it's not like a single person that every won on luck or a bad call ever didn't take the win so in reality there ya' go ... it's worse these days though . Del's story is one that happens alot ... guys are behind and slow pit or flat prop theirs up when your cock is halfway across . I was ahead on a money fight with the first Rams and had to stop the fight because they other pitter was doing that ... heck with it , if we are gonna play that way -I'm out .

I know the bigger pits score lines were way further apart than 8' ... Texoma was probably closer to 20' seems like . House rules , refs ,etc determine how you play just like in basketeball ... are the refs letting you play hard or not .. Wortham just a guideline .

Yall watch vids like Victor Sierra's where they spar em' and those stags go hard .. but the pit it's further and somehow they slow em' down . I think no matter how agressive American birds are those guys would get em' slowed up probably ... it's not just because those birds are cold ...

26. Likes cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pinolim View Post
    In the islands, big time derbies are held in pits or arenas which are big and the lines are 8 feet apart at least .... your opponent pitter studies what style of bird you have during the heating and billing as the bets are being evened while both of you are warming and billing your birds..... at 8 feet release your opponent pitter will blindside your bird by releasing his bird on the side and not on the direct vision of your bird... and most of the time the other pitter will wait for you to release your bird first.... his bird will be alert and ready and wait for your bird to come in and if your bird is not used to this situation of the distance , your bird loses focus and makes the first mistake......
    Cockers in our island select this style of birds and age them.... and believe me when they release these birds and these birds will stand still waiting for the other bird....but when they start fighting they are non stop........
    A good cock won't be blind sided. His total attention is on his opponent and he is focused, even if the other cock is behind the pitter. If the pitter is slow getting his cock down, my cock is will be there before the other cock sets his feet and ready to hit. 8 ft is normal distance to pit from in a LG derby. In training, I would set the birds down 15 or even 20 ft apart without billing after they had been sparred a couple times. IMO a good cock don't have to be billed to engage. I think the warming process confuses the birds about if and when they are supposed to fight, hence the standing around when pitted. I know the process and accept the tradition but I would have to lose several times to prove me wrong. Fair winds and smooth sailing to all cockers.
    Last edited by RHman1026; May 23rd, 2020 at 10:35 PM.

28. Likes Bama71, cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This man needs to be able to look himself in the mirror every day. So lying and cheating does not sit well with him.

30. Thanks BALTO thanked for this post
    Likes cutcutcut, BALTO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is kinda dangerous especially in the knife if you tease the other cock and fly over and get real close to you youíll get hurt. Accidents do happen even to the best handlers, I saw one back in the days both the cocks were just walking around and wont engage. I remember the owner of the other cock is Dennis Roldan an actor his handler pick the cock up holding his tail without lifting it a bit to gain leverage. The cock turned and hit him on his arm slashing him 3/4 inches cutting major arteries. The pit manager rushed and tie his scarf on the handlers upper arm it was really bad. The ref catched both bird and gave the cock to the second handler while the main handler is rushed to the hospital. The second handler released the cock and he won the fight convincingly. The main handler died in the hospital.
    Last edited by Genis; May 23rd, 2020 at 11:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BostonMurphy View Post
    This man needs to be able to look himself in the mirror every day. So lying and cheating does not sit well with him.
    Agree 200%. He values winning money more than testing his breeds.
    I really wonder what is burihara means. Its japanese term means he is also in Hawaii.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess its deferent in the gaff than the knife. In the gaff you need to understand the house rules and what is normal in that locale. In the gaff you had to pit from the center of the line with cock placed squarely on the line. But if you were over the line closer to me you didn't gain anything. I don't think the birds cared if they were 8 feet apart or 7. They still met in the middle. Later in the fight from the short line you could gain advantage. Depending on weather or not you wanted your cock to break. Also if the other cock is blinked you could drift your cock to his blind side so not to wake him up. This is the time when the handler is most important. When a good handler is earning his %.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I realize all the perks and downfalls. Been there many times. Of course you can drop your cock on the others back if the foul is really blatant enough. Never thought of myself as a great handler but could hold my own. It's a shame the higher price derbys is where most of the trouble occurs or at brush hacks with people who think they know the rules.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been a cocker for so long, I've seen them all, cheaters, envious people, good people, honest people. What I despise are the cheaters who would do anything to win by cheating, sometimes I think because they have lose a lot of money and sometimes it's just their nature to cheat, just like a scammer.

36. Thanks RHman1026 thanked for this post
    Likes Hoghunter, RHman1026 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, a pitter that runs his cock and turns loose early is at the mercy of the honest one, if the honest one is paying attention and here is why. Usually the crook will have a cock that will score quick and the other pitter wants to catch your cock trying to start to engage. Most of the fast cocks will break up. Since the other pitter has already fouled, just hold your cock on the line, which is also a foul but the ref didn't call handle when the other pitter fouled. His cock will begin to come down from the break. His cock's legs are tucked up until he hits the down motion of the break, but as he descends he will drop his legs to land. There is no way for him to get his legs back up in a hitting position before he lands. So when his legs drop, you turn loose. He's a sitting duck. Love to crook a crook.
    Last edited by RHman1026; May 24th, 2020 at 09:52 PM.

38. Likes cutcutcut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was at a pit one time helping my buddy. The other guy turned his loose way early the ref hollered handle but the other Cock was already at my buddies score line. My buddy still holding his well my buddy panicked and just kinda dropped him the other Cock cut my buddies rooster in the heart by the time it was handled it was over. The guy picked his rooster up and had the balls to go my bad shrugged and walked back out of the pit the crowd everyone started raiseing hell. Me my buddy just both shocked. It was like he didn’t even try to hide it. He didn’t get the score but didn’t get a loss either. They called it a draw. The guy was buddies with the pit owner. I think cheating is a form of stealing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bama71 View Post
    Was at a pit one time helping my buddy. The other guy turned his loose way early the ref hollered handle but the other Cock was already at my buddies score line. My buddy still holding his well my buddy panicked and just kinda dropped him the other Cock cut my buddies rooster in the heart by the time it was handled it was over. The guy picked his rooster up and had the balls to go my bad shrugged and walked back out of the pit the crowd everyone started raiseing hell. Me my buddy just both shocked. It was like he didnít even try to hide it. He didnít get the score but didnít get a loss either. They called it a draw. The guy was buddies with the pit owner. I think cheating is a form of stealing.
    Cockpits in the area should uniformly & strictly impose the penalty of forfeiture against the cheater. The unwritten rule of "no harm no foul" would just encourage the scammers to invent all kinds of tricks especially against inexperienced pitters. A rule based approach would put things in order taking into account that the game is played by people of all walks of life. Just my opinion. Thanks.
    Last edited by Burihara; May 25th, 2020 at 10:56 AM.