Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: White game fowl today

  
  1. #1
    Member WestTexasFowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    267
    Post Thanks / Like

    White game fowl today

    Anyone show or know of anyone who still shows good white fowl ?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White game fowl today

    We have a line of white chickens. Damn good game fowl. My brother has had them for many many years. They are Irish White Toppies and come pale yellow legged and solid white in color. They are of medium station and most show the toppie.

    They are all legs up front and into the body with very deliberate blows, not the crazy shuffling type.

    Game as hell, the hens have to be kept separate or they will destroy each other because they simply will not stop.

    Very few people have them. They cross well with just about any other breed.

    Those In south Texas that know my brother know what i am talking about.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. Likes RLaurent14, CA whitetoppy06 liked this post
  4. #3
    CyberFriends
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    laspinas munti
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White game fowl today

    nice !!! Can you please send some pictures
    thanks

  5. #4
    Senior Member Birdderfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    G.F s.carolina
    Posts
    1,123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White game fowl today

    Never had luck with whites but I hate to meet them

  6. Likes GoldenDragon liked this post
  7. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NW Fla.
    Posts
    1,746
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White game fowl today

    Quote Originally Posted by HatchInTexas View Post
    We have a line of white chickens. Damn good game fowl. My brother has had them for many many years. They are Irish White Toppies and come pale yellow legged and solid white in color. They are of medium station and most show the toppie.

    They are all legs up front and into the body with very deliberate blows, not the crazy shuffling type.

    Game as hell, the hens have to be kept separate or they will destroy each other because they simply will not stop.

    Very few people have them. They cross well with just about any other breed.

    Those In south Texas that know my brother know what i am talking about.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you breed these fowl to red fowl, do all the offspring come white? What I am asking is are they dominate white?

  8. #6
    Member WestTexasFowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    267
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White game fowl today

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdderfly View Post
    Never had luck with whites but I hate to meet them
    Same here haha thanks for the reply

  9. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White game fowl today

    Biggest mistake concerning fowl that I've ever made is with white fowl. I got some high creek blues from bacon nivison back in the 90s. All mine were snow white with the occasional white with black spangle. The only white fowl I've ever had that were great without adding anything into them. My big mistake was when I had to get away from fowl for a few years I chose the wrong person to let have these. The understanding was that when I was able to return I would get two pure trios back. This person sold them a year later and told me varmints got them. And I've never been able to replace them. And bacon from what I understand doesnt have them anymore either. Hands down some of the best fowl I've ever had in my hands.

  10. Likes Sig1911 liked this post
  11. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White game fowl today

    the white dominates. crosses shown are white with a few black black specks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #9
    Senior Member lucasemerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    2,695
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White game fowl today

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeCreek View Post
    Biggest mistake concerning fowl that I've ever made is with white fowl. I got some high creek blues from bacon nivison back in the 90s. All mine were snow white with the occasional white with black spangle. The only white fowl I've ever had that were great without adding anything into them. My big mistake was when I had to get away from fowl for a few years I chose the wrong person to let have these. The understanding was that when I was able to return I would get two pure trios back. This person sold them a year later and told me varmints got them. And I've never been able to replace them. And bacon from what I understand doesnt have them anymore either. Hands down some of the best fowl I've ever had in my hands.
    I had em 20 years ago directly from him...they was real good chickens... I was just a kid, didn't have no dog or fence, and got wiped out in a few nights by a link...they was monsters as stags

    Lucas

  13. Likes Sig1911, GoldenDragon, HomeCreek liked this post
  14. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    7,164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White game fowl today

    I've read that Racey got a white mug from Wilson I believe. For 20 years I never got a solid white. I bred a mug cock over a JD Gay Dom and raised a solid white stag. I fought him 3 xs winning the first pitting every time. My now buddy that was just a kid, I was a 19 yo man. Lol. Asked if I'd sell him. I said for $50, I thought that would scare him off but he was Bach in a few minutes and paid me for him. He fought that cock many times and his father was a gambler and a bookie. He has told me they got big odds on him nearly every time.. He got killed by an owl. But I had a couple come white a few years ago and this year I have several that say they have a few solid whites with dark legs and eyes. So I guess the white come back. I also have a couple whites this year.

  15. Likes Sig1911 liked this post
  16. #11
    Senior Member spring creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    3,763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White game fowl today

    Quote Originally Posted by LaBlue View Post
    I've read that Racey got a white mug from Wilson I believe. For 20 years I never got a solid white. I bred a mug cock over a JD Gay Dom and raised a solid white stag. I fought him 3 xs winning the first pitting every time. My now buddy that was just a kid, I was a 19 yo man. Lol. Asked if I'd sell him. I said for $50, I thought that would scare him off but he was Bach in a few minutes and paid me for him. He fought that cock many times and his father was a gambler and a bookie. He has told me they got big odds on him nearly every time.. He got killed by an owl. But I had a couple come white a few years ago and this year I have several that say they have a few solid whites with dark legs and eyes. So I guess the white come back. I also have a couple whites this year.
    Do your mugs still have a touch of the Thompson blood in them.

  17. #12
    Member gapman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    east tenn.
    Posts
    411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White game fowl today

    I like my whites proved themselves many times in american.pete gonna show them in the Hawaiian pretty soon we see how they do in the pi shows.in the mex shows they pretty dang good to never seen one show in pi let alone a blue ribbon lol

  18. #13
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NW Fla.
    Posts
    1,746
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White game fowl today

    Breeding the dominate white Thompsons, which is what I call the true Thompsons, will make all the offspring, no matter what they are crossed to, come white. You can use the cock or the hen, all the offspring will come white, even down to 1/16 white crossed into black blood. Lewis and Scott Baird(Beard) used to fight some cocks that were 7/8 Hatch 1/8 Thompson that were snow white and would take you to a long fight if necessary. Bama Okie's whites were this blood. This blood is very, very scarce. I think this is true because most all the guys that have or has had them would not let them out. Yrs ago Alvin Scott Sr. of Florence Al. advertised them for yrs. in Gamecock and G&S. He tried to have 200 every yr. They were the only fowl he had. Said you didn't need anything else. He shipped and sold most. Bama Okie stated he bought these Whites for 20 yrs and finally got Mr. Scott to sell him broodstock.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •