Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CULLING Mentality.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CULLING Mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by LaBlue View Post
    I don't cull a lot. But if one has a defect or is droopy and lagging behind no problem.. Even if one spars really bad such as trying to bill hold or perhaps other things. But crossed pullets and yard hatch pullets go in the freezer. We all need to keep our flocks free from freeloaders and non useful fowl. Oh I forgot my number 1 pet peeve. Man fighters can not live here.
    I heard that I went to get a water out from under the pen damn Cock hit my leg then tried to hit me in the face while I was bent down. I went to grab him he shuffled up my arms. He was a 14 month old stag. I don’t mind on being a little mean. But I’ve found out in my opinion if they are that way that young it gets bad when they Cock out. So he’s not here with us anymore. And if there are bunny huggers on here we ate chicken and dumplings last night and it was very good. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

For me, if there is doubt, the doubt should be resolved in favor of the axe....But its your yard, so do whatever you want with it in accordance with the principle sic utere tuo ut alienum non laedas...

3. Likes Bama71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bunny Huggers think they are right and believe their way is the only way. Animal Control, told me in one of the visits to my house, that my PIT BULL needed to have free access to food 24/7. My pit at the time had just become a weight pull champion and was very well built with a trim waist. Now think about all them dogs that the bunny huggers overfeed and need meds , that can cost hundreds of dollars in vet bill.

Bad dogs that use the house as a bathroom get their nose pushed into and a boot in the behind as they are booted out the door. I told this to a couple of lesbian bunny huggers and they thought the dog should of bit me. Untrained dogs end up in animal control (Animal jail)and ones that bite need to be culled, on the spot.

How stupid, that people that have no idea of what a healthy animal is, wants to tell us, what is the right way train our pets, and how to harvest our livestock.

Post Thanks / Like

Dont pass judgements. Anyone whose EVER EATEN MEAT, should shut the F-up. Anyone whose NEVER eaten meat. Ill listen, maybe not agree, but listen, but before u start talking know this: Gamefowl live far LONGER than any other meat food source period. If we cull, its because of illness Or excess which are eaten like KFC and once again. They live far longer than KFC.
    KFC butchers chicken at 6 WEEKS OLD. We have 2 roosters that are 9 years old and many hens that are over 6 years.
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; June 3rd, 2020 at 09:24 PM.

6. Likes Bama71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't feed any animal that can't or won't do its job. I damn sure won't give my problems to someone else to have to deal with. That leaves culling the only option.

8. Likes Sig1911 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the reason for culling. Gameness ability physical defects are all instant cull. But if I just dont like his station or i tend to breed that line to the darker or lighter side or if I prefer no bill hold etc...I dont see anything wrong with giving it to a beginner with an explanation why I dont want it.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: CULLING Mentality.

Youre right sir, i myself prefer medium station. They cut better when stags. They become low stationed though when cocks.... thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

When I started out, people gave me their culls. AS A BEGINNER I learn to handle flesh eating manfighters. It was good training for me, but not for everyone.

12. Likes Sig1911 liked this post