Thread: Yard Flock Worming

Post Thanks / Like

Yard Flock Worming

What do you guys use on your young birds on the yard, running around the woods etc?
    I've been using Wazine in drinking water, but that only takes care of a few worms.
    I mostly use Safegaurd for my grown bird down the throat but of course I can catch them.
    Most worming posts are on schedules, changing up etc and I get that but am looking for good worming techniques for large numbers of loose birds up in the trees, grape vines, elderberries etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yard Flock Worming

I use hog worming pellets, everyday. Replace half the layer pellets, with worming pellets. Feed it to all my young ones running loose.
    Last edited by Liberty Hill; June 30th, 2020 at 12:26 AM.

3. Likes cutcutcut, peter g, Al Sanchez, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If they are every where, then some maybe getting enough to eat , but they have to get to water. If so., use prohibit @ 1/4 teaspoon for each gallon of water. Quail size worm for one day 2 days as they get older and 3 days for adults.

5. Likes peter g liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Hill View Post
    I use hog worming pellets, everyday. Replace half the layer pellets, with worming pellets. Feed it to all my young ones running loose.
    I guess no problems with getting them to eat them?

Post Thanks / Like

mine wouldn't hardly touch the hog pellets ended up giving away the rest of the bag to a friend who only feeds pellets. his ate them no problem

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
    mine wouldn't hardly touch the hog pellets ended up giving away the rest of the bag to a friend who only feeds pellets. his ate them no problem
    Yeah I don't feed pellets. I bought some safegaurd pellets for horses and turkeys and so far they won't touch them. I'm going to skip a feeding and try again mixed with some straight pellets to see if they'll eat them.

Post Thanks / Like

When the weather is hot and dry seems mine won't eat dry pellets very good. I put my pellets in a bucket and add soaked oats, corn and water from soaked oats enough to make a good wet slop feed. I feed it next day. I believe you might have success getting them to eat the wormer pellets by wetting them till slop consistency

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catfish1947 View Post
    When the weather is hot and dry seems mine won't eat dry pellets very good. I put my pellets in a bucket and add soaked oats, corn and water from soaked oats enough to make a good wet slop feed. I feed it next day. I believe you might have success getting them to eat the wormer pellets by wetting them till slop consistency
    I'll give it a try after I hold a day back on them. I feed soaked oats to the yard fowl every day anyhow plus scratch so soaking them all will probably do it. They prefer the oats so maybe they'll get the broken down pellets also with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peter g View Post
    What do you guys use on your young birds on the yard, running around the woods etc?
    I've been using Wazine in drinking water, but that only takes care of a few worms.
    I mostly use Safegaurd for my grown bird down the throat but of course I can catch them.
    Most worming posts are on schedules, changing up etc and I get that but am looking for good worming techniques for large numbers of loose birds up in the trees, grape vines, elderberries etc.
    What Iíve used before is Bastenero Plus and Prohibit which is Levamisole....the Bastenero has levamisole and one other wormer in it.....All mine are on the loose like yours.....these are water soluble wormers too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peter g View Post
    what do you guys use on your young birds on the yard, running around the woods etc?
    I've been using wazine in drinking water, but that only takes care of a few worms.
    I mostly use safegaurd for my grown bird down the throat but of course i can catch them.
    Most worming posts are on schedules, changing up etc and i get that but am looking for good worming techniques for large numbers of loose birds up in the trees, grape vines, elderberries etc.
    safe guard 10% liquid: 3 ml/gallon of water or you can use ivermectin 1% : 4 ml/ gallon of water as well.