Thread: Shipping

Post Thanks / Like

Shipping

Man this shipping is getting out of control. 510 bucks for 3 shipped to California. 487 for same sent to Texas. The usps is a government service and shouldnt be for profit. Bet they weren't out 100 bucks for both in costs. Highway robbery

2. Likes Barakah, RLaurent14, Wvgamefowl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shipping

That’s ridiculous that’s way to much to ship birds

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah this is just wrong. It really makes you question there agenda.

Post Thanks / Like

That's the same rate sending it to PI now.... $170 per head.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Office is private owned like many prisons .. It's not a state or federal owned service .. Each office receives bids from contractors for some services ..

I don't see high rates as a bad thing .. Gonna hurt swap meet fowl and buyers .. Put a higher importance on making sure what's shipped is worth it

Post Thanks / Like

Your post office may be figuring the costs wrong. It costs me $200 to ship a trio to California.

8. Likes Barakah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I argued with them Mark and they said the way they figure shipping has recently changed.

Post Thanks / Like

I got one shipped in from ky to wv and it was $125. Been better off just driving to get him but due to work I couldn’t thought that was crazy for a 4hr trip

Post Thanks / Like

Usps changed their rates sometime ago, it has been posted on here before. The old shipping boxes do not meet the new dimensions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HomeCreek View Post
    Man this shipping is getting out of control. 510 bucks for 3 shipped to California. 487 for same sent to Texas. The usps is a government service and shouldnt be for profit. Bet they weren't out 100 bucks for both in costs. Highway robbery
    It's the same price I paid for 3 birds from KY to CA 3 months ago.... my friend here in CA too said it was because the boxes were priced individually because they were shipped in separate boxes instead of taping the 3 boxes as one... my friend said had the sender taped all 3 boxes together as one he could have paid half the shipping fee only..... but I did not know that either.... my friend in WV always tape the 3 boxes together when he shipped birds to me in the past and that was how he explained to me also to save shipping fee.... perhaps it have changed now.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
    Usps changed their rates sometime ago, it has been posted on here before. The old shipping boxes do not meet the new dimensions.
    Yes sir if I am correct this was discussed a little bit around d the first of 2019.... seems like Bend the Knee might have brought it up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    Post Office is private owned like many prisons .. It's not a state or federal owned service .. Each office receives bids from contractors for some services ..

I don't see high rates as a bad thing .. Gonna hurt swap meet fowl and buyers .. Put a higher importance on making sure what's shipped is worth it
    This Information Is ABSOLUTELY WRONG.....The U.S. Postal Service Is NOT PRIVATELY OWNED.... The Republicans Would Like To Take It Over Like They Have A Lot Of The Prison Systems....But, They Haven't So Far...Get REAL FACTS Before Blabbing BS.....

15. Likes HomeCreek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The USPS service will take the shipment and then it gets handed off to Fedx. Fedx will fly it to the buyers closest post office then hand it back to USPS. Fedx has for years charged dim. weight on their air shipments and in the past the USPS would absorb this cost. In order to keep up with the changing times the USPS decided they would as well start charging dim. weight and that's why the rates have gone up. UPS also charges dim. weight.